PDA

View Full Version : Huckleberry pond

cklovetofish
06-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Has any one been there in Santa Ana River lake?
I just wonder if it is true that they stock lots of fish there for kids.
Any information would be appreciated.

Fisherman57
06-02-2009, 09:38 AM
The kids catch pond at SARL ("Huckleberry Pond") always has fish...... and is
a pay per fish lake. Very small and easy pickins'.

Click below for more info

http://fishinglakes.com/huckleberry.htm

CASTAWAY
06-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I think I caught a Trout there once.:Big Grin:

crappie stalker
06-02-2009, 02:34 PM
HE HUCK IS a great place for kids.. They are stocking trout and cats in it.. I took the kids out a month ago and they had a blast.. I spent two regular entrance fees for the fish caught but all 4 people caught a few fish each.. 40 not bad for a great time with the family..

CS

saintarv
06-02-2009, 06:24 PM
I think I caught a Trout there once.:Big Grin:

Even you can't get the skunk there. :ROFL:

CASTAWAY
06-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Even you can't get the skunk there. :ROFL:

My skunk days are over Saint. :Big Grin: I went up North the past two weekends and gained some knowledge on beating the skunk. Caught a boat load of fish. Too bad I can't make a report. Promised the folks up North that I wouldn't reveal the location. The best part about it was I didn't have to pay $22. It was free!!!!!!!!:Shocked::Shocked::Shocked:

saintarv
06-03-2009, 03:04 PM
My skunk days are over Saint. :Big Grin: I went up North the past two weekends and gained some knowledge on beating the skunk. Caught a boat load of fish. Too bad I can't make a report. Promised the folks up North that I wouldn't reveal the location. The best part about it was I didn't have to pay $22. It was free!!!!!!!!:Shocked::Shocked::Shocked:

Cool! Hook me up. LOL :Secret:

Granny Fish
06-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Call ahead before you take the kids if you decide to go. Sometimes it is closed. We used to take Stickfighter there when he was 2 to let him catch dinner. It would take him about 30 minutes, and cost us about $20 after renting the pole and having the fish cleaned. It was perfect at the time for his short attention span and he felt like he was providing dinner for the family, which made him very happy. :Cool:

TARHEEL15
06-09-2009, 02:37 PM
I took my 5 year old there a couple weeks ago and he caught 3 trout in about 20 minutes. It's pretty expensive but you will catch fish. No catch and release, you have to pay for every fish you catch ($5 per LB) plus $3 entrance fee. They were going to start putting catfish in and remove the trout when I was there. Great place for kids if you have the money.

cklovetofish
06-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Thank you guys for all your info. We went there last weekend and the kids did all the work, I just have to do the driving and paying. Got 3 cat fish after an hour or so. Not bad consider the kids have to do everything. Ok, I help a little here and there.
It sure is a good place to get kids started.