PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake/Fishermans trail.......

Rubble
06-01-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm kinda new to this site,but I love it because there's alot more E.Sierra fisherman here & even though I mostly fish salt now,Me & my Bros have been doing the annual June Lake/Mammoth Trip for over 25 years.........

Knowing that many of you have gotten up EXTRA EARLY(like O-DarkThirty),to get the rocks at the end of Fisherman's Trail at Gull like we have,how many of you have met THIS GUY.........,who REALLY OWNS the Spot.....???

jim532
06-02-2009, 08:46 AM
i don't like the idea of bears encroaching on my fishing spot.

brando123
06-02-2009, 12:54 PM
?How did you guys do up at gull lake

Junior
06-02-2009, 01:16 PM
i don't like the idea of bears encroaching on my fishing spot.

Im sure bears dont like you encroaching on there fishing spot either.

Flying
06-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I got tired of fighting for the Rock at Gull so I just go to Silver.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2d6umr.jpg

Its a lot safer there :LOL:

sierratroutslaya
06-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I have also fished that area for over 20 years. During the summer I would spend almost a month in June Lake + 1 week during opening + 1 week during closing and have seen only 1 bear in June Lake. I have seen plenty in Mammoth. There are plenty of bears in June Lake but not as big of a problem as elsewhere. I think that running into a bear could just be chance. Definitely stay out of there way.

I am real familiar with that spot at gull, we have got a lot of big fish in that whole point/cove section off the shore, boat, and float tube. My uncle lived in June Lake for over 20 years so I used to spend a lot of time up there. Now I spend about 3 weeks for the entire year in the sierras.

Rubble
06-02-2009, 04:00 PM
?How did you guys do up at gull lake

We have always done well at that spot,but its generally an A.M. only bite.Thats why you have to get there early(especially wknds.).Supposedly theres a spring there that attracts the fish,but it could also be that the DFG truck dumps 'em right there too.......:Wink:

Rubble
06-02-2009, 04:08 PM
I have also fished that area for over 20 years. During the summer I would spend almost a month in June Lake + 1 week during opening + 1 week during closing and have seen only 1 bear in June Lake. I have seen plenty in Mammoth. There are plenty of bears in June Lake but not as big of a problem as elsewhere. I think that running into a bear could just be chance. Definitely stay out of there way.

According to the locals,that bear lives on the other side of the hwy. and visits the point every morn.& evening for whatever reason.There is also a resident population of 3-4 that live near the town of June Lake that visit the dumpsters nightly.I ran into one one night leaving the rear exit at Dicks Tiger Bar after a few Beers & about Sh*#t my drawers.......:Shocked:

fndaway66
06-02-2009, 04:23 PM
MMMMM! dinner anyone!

bsp
06-02-2009, 06:45 PM
One of those guys lives around the cabin place near the back of Lake George too. I have only been going to the Sierras for two years and have never seen it, but there are plenty of regulars who say that he is there... plus all the paw prints in the mud is kind of a tip off:LOL:

brando123
06-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Sweet thanks! i am actually up in Mammouth right now, been fishing Crowley past few days and thinking about trolling at gull or june! THanks for the tips.