PDA

View Full Version : 2 day trip to SCI on the Eldorado

deanhall32
06-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Okay. So I get a call and got invited to go on a " crew only" trip with a bunch of new friends on the Eldorado. We all met up at the landing Friday night and introduced ourselves to new friends. It looked like it was going to be a great trip with ice chests filled with beers and carne adada.
We started off and headed to Catalina Island to drop off the owner of the Eldorado who was fishing in a tournament. We got to CI at about 11PM and pulled right up to the main docks, dropped off the boss, and headed back out of Avalon for the 3 hour trip to SCI.
Many woke up with hangovers and cloudy skies. We fished Day 1 mainly for bottomfish as it seemed that after a few drifts and anchorages inside that the WSB and YT were going to be thin pickings. Everyone stocked up on bottom critters and the Day 1 j/p went to a guy with an 8 pound halibut.
We enjoyed a carne asada taco dinner and hit the rack getting ready for day 2.

Day 2 was dedicated to finding the exotics. It was very slow fishing except for the 3 fish we caught and those fish were big ones! Some dude landed a 35 lb. yt and a 40-50lb. WSB on an old Penn Jigmaster with a broken handle. Go figure!!

We headed back to Catalina to pick up the boss and made it back to Long Beach Sportfishing by 8:30PM. I drove back to San Diego and was home by 10:30.

I want to thank Ghetto Dad for the invite ! I had a great time. Also wanted to thank Captain Eddie for being one of the guys and having fun along with all of us. Also, Dave in the galley kept everyone laughing our azzes off! Deckhands Trevor and Billy had a great time and got some good fishing time in.

Can't wait to go again!!

ghetto dad
06-01-2009, 09:37 PM
NICE report coach.....i knew you could write!!! you have all summer to get your exotics..and i KNOW you will!!! no worries about the invite homie....later...

GD

victor101
06-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Im glad u had fun Dean...too bad i missed out on this one.

olfishergal
06-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey I saw you guys out there, I was across from u at one point on the Ultra.....Cloudy all day, cold, but I did get a smallish YT.....glad u had a good trip, been wanting to try the eldo....OFG

mstr fish
06-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Went on that boat last year. Cool captain and great crew. Look forward to jumping on this year......................fish

Oz
06-02-2009, 02:55 AM
looks like u had fun regardless of the fishing man :Cool:

cappo
06-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Sounds like a fun trip regardless. Why is it the guy that you least expect to catch fish always schools everyone. I think next time I fish im gonna take a spinner setup and fish it upside down.

russ88
06-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Carne asada n cold beer on a VIP fishing trip..... You're spoiled!