PDA

View Full Version : castaic moonlight event- an FNN night on the water !

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Hiro and I arrived early waited in line for a couple hours, we saw a slew of FNN’rs out and about, we spoke to a few, sorry if I omit your name, there were many.

While in line we saw:
KPN, Latefisher,Trolly, Sansou,Geordybass and Dad,Capt’n,Fishyboy,Captain Castaic and more…

We all eagerly awaited out turn at the water….

Hiro and I set out for an experimental area…not too much going on there…

So off to another attempt at locating the active fish….wahp…wahp…wahp wuhhhhhh

No biting fish so in an orderly fashion, Hiro and I and Khan & John all raced to the Bouy line (at 5mph of course)…

As I approached and metered things off…I saw many big units, many small units….lots’a feesh !

Things looked good….fish roaming at about 15’ to 17’ average some more and some less !

BUT Lots of activity but not allot of active fish.

Ol’ mother Nature seemed to have pulled a fast one on us by bringing in the low pressure systems cause the hawgs that were dwelling in these zones were lockjawed !

I threw Chovies, Dine’s at all depths and methods….stitched them throught the depths….stitched them on the bottom, flylined ‘em….no love..

Threw the KPN Skinny shad at ‘em……no strikes….threw the big trout swimbait….no strikes..

Threw the crawler early on for no love but Hiro went back to it after an hour or so..

Finally a hookup ! Hiro’s on but it’s a dank ! maybe ¾-1lb….

but it’s a skunk shaka…maybe things will turn !

Hiro hooks up again !.....anotha micro !

I slung the crawler again and it resulted in anotha hookup !

Followed by another and another and another…Hiro and I were hooking up left and right but the toads didn’t want to play our game for blood.

We were catchin’ so many I was chucking ‘em at Khan’s boat…I kept stating…

hey Khan !

Flying fish !

We entertained the thought of leaving to other avenues but the constant flow of big fish kept us waiting to see if their switch would flip on !

I discussed the option of fishing near the marina an hour b4 closing but it was hard to give up on those big units lurking below..
Maybe we should have fished near the Marina, my gut was sorta wisperin that and I have seen much activity there as of late……we went “ALL IN !” in this poker game but the bluff didn’t pan out….we caught many fish but none in the sizable range we sought.

It was a real great time out there Boolshooting from boat to boat and lotsa fun being out there, maybe next time the big units will cooperate !

We were in about 36-38’ of water and fish were stacked and rolling through at mid depth.

At one point a bait ball came though from hell ! it extended from bottom to about 20’ up off the bottom…it lasted about 10 minutes !

I thought for sure this would trigger the bite but the toads didn’t want to dance for our boats this night !

We undoubtedly had a great time it’s was ashamed we didn’t get any big fish.

Hiro and I each landed anywhere from 15-20 stripers each but the biggest few only went maybe 11-12” most were smaller than that !

We didn’t bother taking pics as these fish were really anything noteable !

Good seeing everyone out there can’t wait to get out there again with a better weather pattern…just sucks that pressure system had ta come in right b4 the night event !

That’s fishing….but always good fun!

Gary

Hitts0n
06-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Better than a skunk ! See you guys at the next one ! Thanks for the report !

crappiemike
06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
still a little early or what? thnx for the report.. time for some harbor stuff that was trippy looking snail you had over there. any snakes this year up there?

cm

vagabond
06-02-2009, 12:35 AM
hey,gary...at least you guys got busy,next time follow your instincts..

Liteweight
06-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the report.
Too bad the big fish didn't want to play. At least no :Skunk:!!!
I gotta get out there next time to give it a try (from the Dam).
With my luck though...:Dead Horse:
Robert.

Troutman65
06-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Great report Gary. Too bad the Toads did not want to play. You will get them next time.:Wink: