PDA

View Full Version : Hooking crickets?

Ronira
06-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Any of you panfish masters mind telling me how you hook your crickets? I'm gonna take my little boy panfishing on the Perris marina docks tommorrow and want try them out. Thanks for the help! Oh yeh, you guys fly lining them or float fishing them or what?

kpn
06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Any of you panfish masters mind telling me how you hook your crickets? I'm gonna take my little boy panfishing on the Perris marina docks tommorrow and want try them out. Thanks for the help! Oh yeh, you guys fly lining them or float fishing them or what?

Hey Ron,
I'm not a Panfish master by any mean, but I can help you alittle here bro.
This is how I do it.......:Wink:.
I use #10 hook and start from the chest to the tail....the belly part, the point & barb hiding inside the belly, they will live for awhile until you throw them in the water. I also use a small split shot from 12" to 18" from the hook, to get the cricket down, if not they will float. Use 2 to 4lbs line max (i use 2lbs line). If you don't get bit for about 1 minute.....drag you bait slowly......you'll get bit.
Hope this help and Good Luck.....put you boy on fish.

KPN.

Ronira
06-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks Kahn, I'll give that a try. :Thumbs Up: I'll let you know how we do. :Cool:

Simplyeman
06-01-2009, 02:51 PM
i love flylying, floats around very naturally and they just slam it....i hook the crickets in da butt. Also pick up some of those RED meal worms they work really well. problem with crickets is they slam em and the cricket is gone (one time use). With mealworms you should get like 1-5 uses out of it by threading the whole worm.

have fun

Socal Bassman
06-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Hope you have better luck hooking them than I do bro. I've tried every possible way and them 'gills still find a way to steal them. Good luck out there.

basscatcher
06-01-2009, 05:55 PM
i dont hook the butts becuase if its a fat criket you will pop the body. the criket has three segments the head, neck and body. i like to hook them between the head and neck plug it can be fished snagproof like that to.

God Bless

basscatcher

NoHo ART
06-01-2009, 07:13 PM
lol its very simple i have fishincrave hook em for me :ROFL: :ROFL: i cant touch em lol:ROFL: :ROFL: