PDA

View Full Version : matt D, socalrippin and VG testin the salty waters

matt duarte
06-01-2009, 10:25 AM
so with a late night decision my brother in law and i wanted to hit up bolsa in hopes of some halis... woke up in the morning texted VG tellin him were mobin down there (hes been tellin me to go for a while now) and drove to my brother in law to pick him up and we were on the road...we lagged a lil like normal stopping at turners to find out there dont open till 10!...so back on the road with little traffic..we got there pretty quick after a short stop at big fish and tackle.. we bought a sweet 5'6 pole wit ha light tip and heavy back bone for ONLY 5 $..wish i had more cash or i would of bought 5 lol.. any way we meet up with VG and hit the spot.. within a few cast VG hooks dup on a short hali..we didnt get a pick of this one..it was a quick release.. i was second with a bendo.. thinking it was a short but turned oout to be a nice 2lb YFC!.. my brother in law was next on the list with a lil sand bass on the big hammer i belive.. the big fish of the day went to me! haha this his faught hard! pulled a lot of drag and was a fight to get in..again thinkin a big hali but turned out it was a 4lb spottie! all n all it was a awesome day playin in the salt! my brother in law has the pix so hopefully i can get those posted up soon..

MAVERICK27
06-01-2009, 06:09 PM
WELCOME TO THE SALT!! Great to see ya got on the fish too!!

Wingnut
06-01-2009, 08:22 PM
A 4lbs Spottie, that's a beast! :Shocked: Not bad for a trip to get your feet wet. :Wink:

Jaysuuun
06-01-2009, 08:44 PM
after a short stop at big fish and tackle.. we bought a sweet 5'6 pole wit ha light tip and heavy back bone for ONLY 5$

The best part is if you lose or damage the rod, it was only 5 bucks. Some people spend more than that on bait. :LOL: I love Big Fish Tackle! You can always count on them for last minute supplies.

WTG on the saltwater venture. Can't wait to see some pics. :Cool:

klocked
06-01-2009, 09:12 PM
A spotty from Bolsa? who would of thought??? :Cool::LOL:

Sounds like you guys had a great time!!

ghetto dad
06-01-2009, 09:27 PM
4 lb spottie...you need pics man....come on!!!

nice job homie...good to see you get away from the garden for a day and take a break......flower pimpin aint easy homie....

GD

matt duarte
06-01-2009, 10:24 PM
hey thanks guys! im going to post a pic of the YFC right now.. im going to call my brother inlaw to email me the pic of the spottie..it defently was a beast! i was supprised to get it at bolsa to! my buddy got a small one there a while back but it was under a LB.

this thing was actually proly 1lb or so it was defently a fattie..(didnt use the scale on this guy just the spottie)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/yfc-1.jpg

matt duarte
06-01-2009, 10:28 PM
4 lb spottie...you need pics man....come on!!!

nice job homie...good to see you get away from the garden for a day and take a break......flower pimpin aint easy homie....

GD

lol! ya i defently need to fish more! just sux being laid off i need to get more hooks and other things for different rigs...i guess i do have a lot of swimbaits i could toss.. it was defently fun to get out to the salt again though..i was hopin for a hali but the spottie made up for it..

flyngby
06-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Sounds like a nice outing in the salt!

I believe you on the spottie at the reserve and would love to see the pic of the Pig!!!!

Steve