PDA

View Full Version : Oxnard - 5/30

midgettosser1
06-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Buddy of mine rented a beach house in Oxnard for his "dirty 30" bday (hence my amazing mustache in the pic). Planned to fish at least one day (maybe two if I wasn't too hungover on sunday.... which I was. oh well).

Packed light, 1 dropshot rig and one baitcasting rig for LCs or swimbait.
Opted to just throw the LC flash minnow.
Woke up saturday morning at 6:30 or so, suited up, and was on the water by 6:40. haha.

Outgoing tide, overcast, slightly breezy. No salad, no baitfish, lots of sandcrabs. Figured the perch bite would have been decent, but thats not what I was after.

Started right in front of the house, and fan casted my way down the shoreline.
Within 15 minutes, the LC gets stopped in its tracks. Sweet. I pretty much know theres hardly any structure out there, so I swing, and fish on. Dead weight until I get him in about a foot of water. Ends up taking 3 or so dragpulling runs.

Normally Id throw it back, but it was my buddies bday so I told him Id get him a keeper.

Beached the fish, and brought it back to the house. Woke my gf up to freak her out with it, then back to the water.

Fished for another hour or so for one other strike, but couldnt stick it. It was quick an fierce.. figured it mighta been a big perch or something.
Called it quits due to equipment malfunctions.

Crappy cell phone pic. My gf and buddy have the regular pics on their camera.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/HTB/0530090901.jpg

How much do you think the fish weighs? I'm 7'9" and weigh 315lbs. LOL.

jk. based on the non-digital gripper, it was 8.5lb

gavin310
06-01-2009, 10:26 AM
LOL. Surely it was the stash that intimidated the fish into biting your lure. That's a bad *** stash you got there man. And a nice fish!