PDA

View Full Version : Going back to mono...

TopwaterBassin
06-01-2009, 01:24 AM
So, decided to try some Flouro to see if the hype was worth it......going back to Mono. Tried it out today and just didn't like it, I don't know exactly what it was, but whatever it was, I decided to strip the spool. I tried the Berkley Vanish which I have heard has a bad rep, but I use Berkley's Mono, have for years, and have no complaints, so I figured I would give it a shot, oh well.....

Red Fox
06-01-2009, 04:54 AM
No wonder you didnt like it..

PUDD MASTER BAITER
06-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Your right that stuff breakes ,when you even just tie a knot. I broke off so many fish setting the hook ,on the drop shot ,i lost count. I switched to fireline crystal fire line ,on every thing getting tired of paying ,a small fortune for floro ,and at the same cost as braid .braid last forever. I now just use floro ,for my leader. The benifits to the braid is the best feel,twice the line capcity,cuts thru weeds kelp. Ive had the same line for 3 yrs .other than a little discoloration, its still perfect. If you dont like braid, just go with less exspensive mono, and use floro as a leader. Vanish is the worst line ive ever experanced.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-01-2009, 07:45 AM
have you tried izore line?

TopwaterBassin
06-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Haven't tried any other line besides the Vanish, heard good and bad about braided as well. I am running some 4lb spiderwire on my micro spool, but dont really use it much. Someone said that the P-Line flouro was the best, last time I used P-line, thats what I got, P'd off, worst line ever IMO. I guess I just like the mono, good hook sets, durable, and easy to read......

a biley
06-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Seaguar invizx... i made the switch. Depends on what you're doing. Drop shot and t-rig is fluoro, top water is mono.

BassinChef
06-02-2009, 01:23 AM
That`s 2 for Seaguar Invizx, Berkley 100% Fluoro is their better grade than the Vanish.I only use mono for topwater, and rockfishing in the salt.

BassinChef

tpfishnfool
06-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Seaguar INVIZX Rules !! P Line blows ! Berkley Sucks !

a biley
06-02-2009, 10:53 AM
haha yeah P-Line is great... for MONO! I used P-Line's Fluoro and thought, okay it's good I see the difference. But when a friend told me about seaguar and I switched... It's smaller in diameter than p-line and it feels better. Casts better too! And the knot strength is also better than p-lines.

Use the eugene's knot and you won't lose anything

That Dang Guy
06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Invizx is a smaller diameter because it tests closer to the line rating than P-line.

It's a fantastic line though. It's a bit pricey to line up on spinning reels since I tend to go through line quickly due to twist.

TopwaterBassin
06-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for all the opinions. I use mono for it all, always have, especially topwater....hence the screen name.....and I am always throwing into the areas others wont. Skippin frogs across pads, casting onto thicks, rolling spinners over anything in the way. Just had all around a great experience with mono, and will probably be going back.

NICKYMOUSE8
06-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Sick of everyone dogging Vanish man! :ROFL::ROFL: