PDA

View Full Version : DVL Skunked

TopwaterBassin
06-01-2009, 01:15 AM
So, went to DVL today for some LMB fishing, and no luck. Not just me, but everyone that was there was not getting a thing. I was on shore, started on the west side at the rock point, and worked my way east to the damn. I was there until 7:00p, and saw one person hook up in the east cove and lost it, but that was it all day. Tried it all, spinnerbaits, jerkbaits, plastics of all kinds, and of course, even topwater. This was the first time in weeks that I had no pics of my catch from DVL to brag to my brother in law in Az....IDK, with the way the water level is dropping, it does not seem to be very promising for the shore fisherman anymore.........

EastCoaster
06-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Sorry to hear about the skunk, but I doubt you are the only one. A while back there was at least 5-10 new post everyday about people fishing at DVL and now your lucky to get 1 a week. DVL has died but I do know that some people have luck there. My father in law and bro in law fished there on Sunday for the skunk. I dont know, just no good.. Better luck next time

TopwaterBassin
06-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Ya, I don't get it, I have been there for the past few weeks every weekend and did really well from shore, missed a weekend, wenrt back, and nothing....:???:

Ifishtoolittle
06-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Spawn is most likely ending, but I believe the bass might have been too full from eating the large schools of reported shad.

JediMindTricks
06-02-2009, 08:03 AM
im sorry. this might come off rude.
but your all wacko. DVL is pumpin right now.
I personally havn't been in about a week and a half. But my "team" has hit it a few times since me, and there giving me big numbers. My buddy richard caught 23 bass this saturday, and the other homie caught 18.

Maybe it is just the shore, there starting to go deeper. the points are still good though.

catfishruss
06-02-2009, 10:47 AM
im sorry. this might come off rude.
but your all wacko. DVL is pumpin right now.
I personally havn't been in about a week and a half. But my "team" has hit it a few times since me, and there giving me big numbers. My buddy richard caught 23 bass this saturday, and the other homie caught 18.

Maybe it is just the shore, there starting to go deeper. the points are still good though.

I have to agree I went last week and heard of a ton of bass. The Catfish bite was on fire as well. If on shore I would go from the 2nd cove by the east end dam (not the cove by the rocks) and fish to the third cove. That's what I was doing earlier in the year but I also had a bike and also rode across the dam and fished that cove with all the rocks in it. The least amount of LMB I caught was 4. I'll see how I do this next trip although I really want to target some Toady Panfish.

TopwaterBassin
06-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Ya, it seems to be that all the reports of LMB have been from a boat. I like renting boats out there also to get to the west side, but its hard to find someone to go with on Wednesdays when it is cheaper.

SC400DUDE
06-05-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't know how it is from shore but my buddy and I got 39 from the rental 2 weeks ago. Fishing from shore just looks a little bit tougher. The only place I would think you would have a decent shot at getting fish would be the stretch of shoreline to the right of the launch ramps(if you're walking down towards the water). You'll have to trek a bit until you reach a rocky point. In front of this point lies a small rocky Island that has a submerged horseshoe shaped point on the backside accompanied by some large boulders closest to the point. We got 6 LMB in 15 minutes working this area around 2:30pm in the afternoon. This spot looks reachable in terms of casting from shore. You can also work your way around that rocky point, which drops off to about 20ft. If I lived closer, I'd be fishing DVL any which way I can. I would suggest drop-shotting 4.5 inch Straight Tail Roboworms. We got em all on the dropshot. They bit the brown colored ones really well. We got em on Oxblood,Orange Crusher, Blue Crawler, and a few on SXE Shad. Hope this helps.

Troutslayer620
06-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I was there yesterday with my dad, all we caught was small blue gill. The guys at the store and at the boat dock said that all that was caught was 2 catfish. No one was catching anything as of Thursday. Even Richard from Richard's Tackle only caught a few crappie and blue gill. We had a rental boat and fished the whole lake, even the hardcore bass fisherman were complaining.

JediMindTricks
06-09-2009, 10:57 AM
I was there yesterday with my dad, all we caught was small blue gill. The guys at the store and at the boat dock said that all that was caught was 2 catfish. No one was catching anything as of Thursday. Even Richard from Richard's Tackle only caught a few crappie and blue gill. We had a rental boat and fished the whole lake, even the hardcore bass fisherman were complaining.

im going tomorrow.
put all this skunk talk to the test. i'll be shore fishing too.
report tomorrow night.

TopwaterBassin
06-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Alright, only got skunked on shore, went out on Friday, 6-5-2009, rented a boat and killed em.....Topwater in the morning, and plastics after that.

bassaholic90
06-10-2009, 12:57 AM
dvl is off the chain you just have to know where to go the fish are super deep in the morning then hit all the points thats what i do and i always produce but im always on a boat too

youngun
06-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Purple robos....any purple has ALWAYS produced for me.

JediMindTricks
06-10-2009, 08:19 PM
went today....

the weather was horrible first of all. look like a damn storm was coming in. and i was dressed for HEAT. Anyways, got there bright and early and hit the points from shore. Took the Shimano Core setup so i could cast super far out, right away got a bite, probly 3lbs.

after that my partner hooked up. than again about an hour later.

we both got bites all day, but for some reason kept missing them. the water was really choppy, so it was tuff.

nothing else was caught and we called it quits around 2pm.

there definently there and on a better day im sure we would of caught alot more.

there going deeper fer so.......