PDA

View Full Version : SEMI NINJA STYLEZ Sat 5/29 W/PICS

Stormcrow
05-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Hooked up with Skipperdick (Todd) to do some late afternoon Golf Course fishing and get tuned up for some serious Ninja duty. Slightly overcast with some sun breaking through. Temp in the low 70s and dropping. Some thick weed mats had been growing lately and this provided some shelter for hungry bass hunting fry.

We had a great time, totally over 15 fish in just two hours and that doesnt count the 4 in a row lost by Todd due to dull hooks on his jig and the fish on my first cast that inhaled the tube in 1 ft of water and took off into the tulies like a bullet before I could engage my reel. Thats what I get for not paying attention....a lost fish and braid burn on my finger! As for Todd, Im happy to report that he finally nailed his first jig fish. One of many in the future I am sure.

As for myself, I flipped a tube most of the session in a bluegill pattern texas rigged with a small tungsten bullet. Caught 7 fish to 3lbs on the tube. As darkness approached I switched to the buzzbait and nailed 3 more as we were about to leave. Todd was nailing fish right and left on everything from a jig, to a rage tail shad rigged SKIPPER STYLEZ.

I only took one rod and had my Calais go down as nightfall was approaching. Very Bizarre. Thank Shimano for the lifetime warranty though. A big thank you to Todd for letting me use his extra spinning outfit to finish the session.

Had an awesome time and looking forward to a more advanced Ninja mission in the near future. Stay tuned!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/prewittmd/May2009GR001.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/prewittmd/May2009GR002.jpg

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-31-2009, 11:05 PM
nice bro, good catches and goodtimes...hey skip don't you burst in flames or somethin when you hit sunlight:ROFL:stay nocternal brothers...

JediMindTricks
05-31-2009, 11:36 PM
place looks familiar. haha
thanks for the report. next time invite me....

Stormcrow
06-01-2009, 08:33 AM
you got it my man!

WARRIORMIKE
06-01-2009, 01:25 PM
I hear swimbaits work really good there.:Twisted: Be on the look out for and old dude driving a truck. He has a friend that is a 3rd degree black belt! :Shocked::Smack:

SkipperDick
06-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Good Times Jason!! Kinda nice to fish the place during daylight hours!!! LOL! Sure makes it easy to rig your tackle without having to use a headlamp. And I will definitely make sure ALL of my hooks are sharp from now on! I know what Jedi feels like with all of the fish he has farmed on his jigs.....sharp hooks? Thanks for the sharpener, helped me land my first couple of jig fish. Quite the slaying out there for the amount of time that we were there. A couple landed on the IKA, Rage Tail Shad, Jigs, Tubes, Topwater Buzzbaits! Gotta Love it.

nice bro, good catches and goodtimes...hey skip don't you burst in flames or somethin when you hit sunlight:ROFL:stay nocternal brothers...

Thanks BGH, and no flames, I'm a daywalker!

SkipperDick

FishermanStu
06-01-2009, 02:41 PM
I knew it. i could tell by the pictures in the dark. next time you guys cruise out there let me know

SkipperDick
06-01-2009, 02:45 PM
I hear swimbaits work really good there.:Twisted: Be on the look out for and old dude driving a truck. He has a friend that is a 3rd degree black belt! :Shocked::Smack:I'll keep my eyes open......12906

SkipperDick