PDA

View Full Version : Good day in the High Desert

sgtskunk
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
me and my buddy went to Jess Ranch this morning 1st time I've ever been there he said I needed to practice bass fishing before we head to Barrett Lake next sunday. Very slow morning nothing on top water nothing on plastics. I started to get that feeling you know the one "SKUNK" I am the 1st to say my bass fishing skills are awful and it was very clear once my buddy found what they wanted he got 3 in about 8 cast all nice size at least I was impressed he finished with 8.

I was just trying everything out trying to get the hang of it, caught my 1st bass on a top water around 12:00 pretty cool to see it hit the lure and fly out of the water. I finished with 4 bass 1 cat 1 trout. I got bored and tired of casting so threw out a NC inflated dipped in roe and thats how I caught the cat the trout and my last 2 bass although my buddy said it dont count for the bass since I was just soaking the worm. I said it took some skill it was my UL rod with 3lb test 2lb leader all in all great day I like trrhat place a lot and they were killing the catfish today sorry only took 2 pictures all day and they were not even the bigger fish caught. So you can ethier trust me or just think I'm full of $**t but I do have a life I would'nt make it up to impress people I dont really know and more than likely would'nt be impressed. TIGHT LINES ALL

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/valsotela/IMG_3683.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/valsotela/IMG_3682.jpg

steve092
05-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Nice work on the fish!

At the Ranch, I have had the best luck dropshotting robo worms. Those things are killer there.

yamafish
05-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Nice report and pics !
Love that place!
See any cats being caught off of lake 2 or 3?

yamafish - rodger

hippi
06-07-2009, 10:23 PM
how did you guys do???? just got home, pretty good day for us, even with blown out conditions.... did you go out today too??? 6/7? has to be.... i'm so beat, couldnt sleep, last night... was too excited,.... my first Barrett trip....