PDA

View Full Version : My BBL report for Fishin' for 50K

JHDucky
05-31-2009, 01:15 PM
I went up on Friday to do some shore fishing. I fished from the old Greys Landing to Windy Point, caught one baby catfish on an inflated night crawler. Not a single bite on all colors of Power Bait. Took my group out on a pontoon Saturday and got blown around the lake. Between the five of us we caught 2 baby cats on night crawlers and no love on Power Bait or lures. Our biggest catch of the day came while trolling with a Dave Davis rig. The 10 year old boy was hold my pole and screamed out he got one. The thing almost spooled us. I turned the pontoon around and stared in the direction of the line. When we got most of the line back on the spool I could see waht we caught. It was a 20' pontoon. They had reeled in their line and I could see my Dave Davis and lure hanging over the side of the boat and they where still going. Caught up with them and they untangled the line and I got my rig back. So much for having a trolling flag. There where a lot of boats on the lake. I didn't hang around for more fishing today or the ceremony at 3 so I don't know who if anyone got the 50K fish. There were a lot of Carp jumping most of the day. Over all though the weather was great except for a short rain on Friday evening. I'll get Mr. and Mrs. Rainbow next time.