PDA

View Full Version : 24 hr sarl

Prowler_Tuber
05-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Hey Im thinking about taking my kids what are the hot spots for cats and bait??? All help is appreciated.

saintarv
05-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey Im thinking about taking my kids what are the hot spots for cats and bait??? All help is appreciated.

Personally hot spots changes from year to year when I fish Sarl. Once you locate it then I would stick to that spot for this catfish season and it may change next year.

As for bait shrimp and mackeral are always the consistent bait every time. :LOL:

Troutslayer620
05-31-2009, 03:50 AM
Personally since no one has posted any recent action on the Kitty fishing at SARL, I wouldn't waste my money. It will get really good there once they keep on stocking, but for now go to other places the members are slaying them at, like Irvine lake or DVL or other local lakes. Read the reports, they always help me out!

Prowler_Tuber
05-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Ok so we ended up going to Corona and fished the trees and shoreline. Got some cats but if there stocking twice a week they need to put some "CATS" in there they were all small. I didn't see anything over 2lbs and there were a lot of us out there. I got all mine on shrimp. 99 Ranch Market has 2lbs for 5 bucks which isn't bad and they had Mackerel also but I jst fished the shrimp. It was fun for the wife and I but I wouldnt go back until they stock something with size. The guys on boats were catching a lot of kittens also. I wish I was going to be around for the 12th at the Vine but Ill be in Montana on a work assignment.

boxl0bster
06-01-2009, 12:39 AM
thats too bad about the small cats. but at least you got a few. be careful of what mack you buy at 99ranch. if its norwegian saba its not the right mack for catching cats. best thing is make sure the meat is pinkish red in color and youre good to go.

TShaffer
06-01-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm ready for some nightime cat action at SARL. Let's go summer!