PDA

View Full Version : Road Rash, Netboy And a Few Hunters **Opening Day 07**

Road Rash
06-20-2007, 09:59 PM
These pics are long overdue. Better late than never I guess. See Netboy's post about opening day for a breakdown. The stringer being held up by my father is 5 fish for 23+ lbs., 4 of which (17lbs) were caught by Netboy himself. To echo Netboy's words, this year was nothing short of "epic". And it was great to have my dad with me for the first time. Not shown are many quality fish out of Crowley and PVR (although there is one pic of an Alpers from PVR). I hope you enjoy the pics as much as we enjoyed the trip.

Hey Fat Albert, how about showing me how to catch some of those holdovers at DVL (possible repayment for all those pitchers of Purple Cadillac Margaritas I hooked you up with at Anchos? Hmmm?). Anyway, my pops just picked up a 17' 06 Triumph CC (I like to dream its mine) and I need to break it in.

To all those float tubers out there. Hot Spot fins are the guts. Extremely comfortable, very well made and best of all...they float. Have had mine for 3 1/2 years now and use them regularly in both fresh and salt water. Can fish all day with little fatigue, but scoot around great. To date, they don't show any real signs of wear. I tell eveyone who'll listen to try em out. Simply, they're a great product!!! - **shameless plug devised to lure Fat Albert into sharing some DVL secrets...hehe...but what I said above is all true.**

Btw, Huge THANKS!! to Lip Ripperz and Brian. I won't divulge which color tore it up, but lets just say the fish had a "sweet tooth". If you don't fish Lip Ripperz trout worms, I strongly suggest you try. The proof is in the pics.

Tight Lines

Road Rash

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/TommyTrout1_2.JPG

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/JimmyTommy5lbs_2.JPG

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/PVJimmyAlpers_2.JPG

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/HawgHunters_2.JPG

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/23lb_Stringer_2.JPG

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/BullTrout_2.JPG

SanDimasLMB
06-20-2007, 10:13 PM
:eek2: wow VERY nice job :thumb:

greg
06-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Now, that's a real nice brookie !!! Great job ! :appl:

NetBoy
06-20-2007, 10:32 PM
that's a bull trout.

DreStyle
06-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Damn ... now that's what I call a first post ...

I hope the fish that aren't shown on the stringer were C&R'd so some of the rest of us have a shot at them. If not then I hope they were tasty. Judging from the redish fins on some of them they were very tasty unless you burned them or something.

909fisher
06-20-2007, 11:52 PM
great pictures and nice report

909fisher

Fat Albert
06-21-2007, 09:27 AM
I knew those purple cadillac pitchers would come back to haunt me.lol Just PM and let me know when you can make out to DVL. Saturdays would be alot better for me at DVL. But Fri. nights are Irvine night fishing. Just let me know 1 week ahead of time and I will meet you at the Anchos parking lot. I see you have been doing well in the sierras with your crew. I am glad you like the fins, if you need more for your fishing crew let me know bro. Good to see a report from you. Just let me know when, and bring a pitcher of Purple Cadillac.lol Great report and pics. Let me know when..... By the way my wife says Hi, and yes I got married. PM me and let's go fishing, night or day, I slay them anyway............ Later...

BakoBassin
06-21-2007, 09:35 AM
That's got to be the nicest bunch of trout I've seen in a long time.

fisheromen
06-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for sharing...those are some beautiful trout!

fisheromen
06-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for sharing...those are some beautiful trout!

Wingnut
06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Killer pics, thanks for the report! :wink:

reelhigh
06-21-2007, 12:08 PM
AWESOME!

brn2fis
06-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Fantastic pictures! :D

crivera175
06-21-2007, 03:21 PM
GREAT JOB :thumb: NICE PICTURES :thumb:

diamondbear
06-21-2007, 08:02 PM
GOOD LOOKING FISH , fishing from a tube is the way to go up there .

johnsfishing
06-21-2007, 10:38 PM
lip ripperz rule! Great FISH!!! :D

johnsfishing

spoony slayer
06-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Great pics! looks like you guys had a great trip.

im no biologist, but im pretty sure thats a brook trout in that pic. Bull trout have been extinct in California for some time now.. also, i read somewhere that they were only native to the McCloud river when there was still a population... still a great fish though. nice job

Road Rash
06-22-2007, 08:14 AM
The last fish in the pics is, in fact, a Bull Trout. I caught this fish on the McKenzie River in Oregon (didn't intend to confuse anyone). The fighting characteristics of Bulls are much different than that of Rainbows and other Trout species. Very doggish, more tuna like, tries to stay deep applying steady, heavy pressure. It was one of a few we caught that trip. I've fished that river for over 10 years and that trip was the first time we caught any Bulls. They were found in a deep, extremely secluded pool.

I am very fond of that particular moment and consider that fish one of my finest trout catches.

spoony slayer
06-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Road Rash, my bad, i thought the pics were all from the sierra's.... your right about bull trout.... ive only caught 1 bull in my life. i was fishing a small stream in western Montana, and hooked up to a small cutthroat trout. as i was reeling it in, a very large bull came up and grabbed the cutthroat and dropped it a couple seconds later. i made a cast right to where it came up from and hooked up. i would guesstimate it to be around 5 lbs., but it was an awesome fight and a fish i will never forget. fortunately, im moving back up to MT next spring, so hopefully i will get another chance at those rare bulls.

congrats again on a very cool trip

one_leg
06-24-2007, 01:15 AM
What a great introductory report!
Congrats on all you catches.

One_Leg

smokehound
06-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Thats a nice bull trout!

Way to kill em!

Troutman65
06-28-2007, 09:48 PM