PDA

View Full Version : Cachuma Advice

Pinekap
05-30-2009, 10:17 AM
I will be going to Cachuma next weekend. I will be fishing from shore. Any advice on bait, Lures or technique would be greatly appreciated.

Pinekap

J. Owen
05-30-2009, 10:25 AM
havent been up latly but guys at the local shop said wacky style riged senkos
for smallmouth
http://www.insideline.net/1999/xiques-0910-99.html
here is a website explaining this method
hope it helps

Pinekap
05-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks. I will give it a try. I have some of that type of bait but have never really known the best way to present it.

Pinekap.

FISHINGBEE
05-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks. I will give it a try. I have some of that type of bait but have never really known the best way to present it.

Pinekap. I have not been there in a while. I helped someone find the big red ears had not fished them in 20 or so years. I lived real close fished it a lot. I always do well on smallies on white roostertails casting the shore line. Fly lined night crawlers always work good for all species. I also found that crawdad looking cranks are also great baits.

FISHINGBEE

boomstikit
06-01-2009, 07:27 AM
I just got back from camping at Cachuma with the wife. The weather was COLD and WINDY. I did manage to take a rental boat out on Friday morning. Fished the shallows the first couple hours for nothing (not a bite). Moved out to the main lake and started fishing the rocky points. 15+ fish (14 Smallies and 1 LMB) in about two hours. All fish were caught on d/s Robo Orange Crusher (my favorite Cachuma color). The water is really stained in the arms of the lake so bring a couple of different color worms for the varying conditions. FYI, the lake is experiencing a big time algae bloom right now. PM if you want any other info.

Pinekap
06-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Great Thanks for the info.