PDA

View Full Version : Should "Cheating Manny" be an ALL-Star?

SoCalGuy7
05-29-2009, 12:58 PM
My opinion is No....
And Joe Torre says no also....

But, Frank McCourt would have no problem if manny was voted into the All-star game"

------------------

CHICAGO -- Dodgers manager Joe Torre said he doesn't think suspended outfielder Manny Ramirez should be an All-Star this year, even though fans have him fourth in voting at the position.

"No, I don't, and if you ask Manny, he'd give you the same answer," said Torre. "I understand a lot of it is a popularity contest and you want to give the manager the best players, but to me, the significance of the All-Star Game is to reward players who had a good first half.
"They don't always do that. But I always feel it's great to have young players [given] a chance to make the club. Look at [Evan] Longoria, and rightly so.

"Manny's popularity is why he's gotten votes. Realistically, he didn't have, except for reputation, a right to be an All-Star. It probably isn't the right thing for him this year, from the baseball aspect, I've got to think."
One day earlier, Dodgers chairman Frank McCourt offered a different view on whether he would want Ramirez to play in the All-Star Game.
"I'm sure it would be a great honor," McCourt said. "The fans will make up their own minds."

Ramirez, a 12-time All-Star, is serving a 50-game suspension for violating the Major League Baseball drug policy. His suspension is scheduled to end July 3, and he is eligible to play in the July 14 All-Star Game in St. Louis.
Torre, instead, threw his All-Star support to a pair of infielders who have contributed since Opening Day -- Casey Blake and Orlando Hudson -- and also named a pair of his pitchers.

"My third baseman and second baseman -- those two guys are standouts," Torre said. "[Jonathan] Broxton and [Chad] Billingsley, but with pitchers, they can't take them all."

Try to stay objective......

brando123
05-29-2009, 01:45 PM
HELL no he shouldn't. All the fans voting for him are freaking retards.

troutdog
05-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Seeing you write "try and stay objective" almost made the soda I was drinking come out of my nose :ROFL:

Answer is plain and simple no. I don't care if he hit 50 hrs in less than a month, he should not be rewarded for his stupidity....case closed.

TD

DarkShadow
05-29-2009, 06:19 PM
The lowly Brewers have a player in the top 2 at every position. Bullshit. Wisconsonians must have nothing better to do than to ballot stuff. apparently.

Just for that, the fans should no longer be allowed to vote. Maybe then, the All Star game will stop being a popularity contest.

TD, you'll be happy to know that I have written in Pierre!

(You know, to add to his trade value)

troutdog
05-29-2009, 07:08 PM
The lowly Brewers have a player in the top 2 at every position. Bullshit. Wisconsonians must have nothing better to do than to ballot stuff. apparently.

Just for that, the fans should no longer be allowed to vote. Maybe then, the All Star game will stop being a popularity contest.

TD, you'll be happy to know that I have written in Pierre!

(You know, to add to his trade value)

Yeah it is too bad the All-star game is a popularity contest...to an extent of course, but yeah that brewer carp is a prime example of the latter. What is up with that...I mean its not like the game is in Milwaukee, its gotta be close to 400 miles away!

You know I wrote Pierre in as well :Wink:

TD

VineAssist
05-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Let's see.....

Prince Fielder
Ryan Braun

those are just two of the Brew crew that deserve to be all stars