PDA

View Full Version : Don't be lazy while tying knots!

a biley
05-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Went fishing this morning. Left the house around 6:15am and arrived at the lake probably by 6:45. Fished the Daiwa TD Mouthwasher for no love. Looked and saw the tullies moving. Casted a flylined 5" Senko in Oxblood into there around 4 times for a good fish bit over 2 lbs.

Now here's where I come up with my title to the thread. Went to the other side and tied on my Jackall Aragon. Usually when I tie my Eugene Knot, I wrap it around 5 or 6 times, but my finger let go a bit unwrapping it a few times, and I thought what the heck, I'll just tighten it anyways instead of retying... BAD IDEA! :mad: :mad:

Casted the Aragon (first time using it too) to feel out the vibration to it, not expecting a fish. :Rolls Eyes: I must have had my retard on today or something. Reeling in, wow this crank is effin nice! BAM FISH ON! :!!!: feel it taking drag good! "must be a good size fish" I was thinking in my head. Then no more tension! Well fish came off hook right? I didn't hear a snap or didn't feel like the fish broke my line. Reeled in my lure, WTF! There's no weight or vibration to it! It's SLACK! :Soap Box: Looked at my line and guess what! the knot slipped!

Then I see what looked like a 4 lb+ fish jump trying to shake my damn lure off!!! Moral of the story, even when you are just testing out a lure... Don't be lazy!!! always tie correctly!!! there goes my $15 Lure!

Well, no more bites after that. Went to eat a Carne Asada Chimichanga later on... DELICIOUS!!!

HEMAN
05-29-2009, 01:07 PM
nice report... hmm. oxblood senko.. nice... is that the 50 u bought from me in the picture?

btw.. not sure if you heard.. aldeberan supposed to be here this year! yay!

troutdog
05-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Nice report....love the photshop job, much better than the blacked out version most bass guys post. Maybe you will start a new trend of creativity! :Wink:

TD

NICKYMOUSE8
05-29-2009, 02:26 PM
That always sucks a biley, I used to use a knot called the lefty loop it would create more action but the only thing it got was more break offs nice travel pics

a biley
05-29-2009, 02:27 PM
nice report... hmm. oxblood senko.. nice... is that the 50 u bought from me in the picture?

btw.. not sure if you heard.. aldeberan supposed to be here this year! yay!

It's rumored that an MG reel, but obviously its "bob" aka Aldebaran, and yes thats the reel I bought from you... so other than the few things I mentioned to you about it... it's perfect! Also did you hear rumors on a new cumara? I heard it's a cranking cumara... I was thinking another core for my collection or the Chronarch D, but I'll wait till ICAST

Nice report....love the photshop job, much better than the blacked out version most bass guys post. Maybe you will start a new trend of creativity! :Wink:

TD

lol we'll see... I think I'll be fishing off the leaning tower pretty soon

B@$$[P][M][P]
05-29-2009, 06:17 PM
And what lake is this?

HEMAN
05-29-2009, 06:35 PM
http://tackletog.com/jip/2009/05/21/new-product-rumors-shimano-ardent/
yeah.. my buddy showed me this link... and was telling me about the supposed i guess new line of cumaras? maybe named something else? higher end then cumara? not sure..

glad the 50 worked out for you. let me know if you are looking for a core or cumara... my buddy has a core and cumara i think he wants to get rid of.

we still need to fish sometime.. we'll take my boat out to the pudd one day!...

a biley
05-29-2009, 07:10 PM
http://tackletog.com/jip/2009/05/21/new-product-rumors-shimano-ardent/
yeah.. my buddy showed me this link... and was telling me about the supposed i guess new line of cumaras? maybe named something else? higher end then cumara? not sure..

glad the 50 worked out for you. let me know if you are looking for a core or cumara... my buddy has a core and cumara i think he wants to get rid of.

we still need to fish sometime.. we'll take my boat out to the pudd one day!...

what's the price on the core and cumara, rating?

Yeah and we definitely need to fish

a biley
05-29-2009, 07:11 PM
[M][P];350019']And what lake is this?

Bellagio water fountain in Las Vegas

smokinflies
05-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Bellagio water fountain in Las Vegas

wow there's bass in that lake. gotta take my rod the next time i go to vegas. lol

nice job on the bling bling bass.

HEMAN
06-09-2009, 01:16 PM
hey dude.. this guy is selling them for $8 + 3 s/h. i just bought a baby bass one too and it looks great. can't wait to throw it.

a biley
06-09-2009, 02:35 PM
hey dude.. this guy is selling them for $8 + 3 s/h. i just bought a baby bass one too and it looks great. can't wait to throw it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEAM-DAIWA-TD-MOUTHWASHER-SURFACE-LURE-TDMW1080F26-RARE_W0QQitemZ270344442221QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3ef1c8d16d&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

lol thats where I got them! SHHHH!

a biley
06-09-2009, 02:36 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEAM-DAIWA-TD-MOUTHWASHER-SURFACE-LURE-TDMW1080F26-RARE_W0QQitemZ270344442221QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3ef1c8d16d&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

you'll love it... my fish count on it is about 6 now.

BigBass777
06-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Way to catch a fish then admit breaking one off. Most wouldn't report it. By reporting it you get ideas on good knots. The Angler Center in Newport Beach has a knot section on "how to" tie them on their website. I always check 10-20ft of the line before tying. You get one rough spot and it's a sure break off. Being knot tying lazy is easy to do especially when the fishing is on fire.

Stormcrow
06-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Dude that suxxors. Something similar happened to me when Triple Trouts first came out. You are right man...ALWAYS tie quality knots.

Youll nail em next time.