PDA

View Full Version : Shaking like a leaf here...........

Sue
05-28-2009, 11:06 PM
I was out on my patio smoking a cigarette and I heard yelling. The couple in the balcony above and across from me where having an argument on their balcony.
He punched her twice in the face. I ran inside to get the phone to call the police, and as I was calling them he smacked her a few more times.

The police were there within 2 minutes - literally - she just got carted off in an ambulance, and he's in handcuffs.......looks like I'm about to get a visit from the local PD.

I did the right thing though I think.

CASTAWAY
05-28-2009, 11:14 PM
You should have went over there and smacked him around Sue. J/K.

BIGRED KILLA
05-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Very Good of you for dialing 911 i hope he gets beat around in jail.

Bigred

Sue
05-29-2009, 12:22 AM
The PD came over, they were lovely and we had coffee as they took my statement.
I am probably going to be called as a witness, but that's fine by me!

Now drinking a glass of wine, it was a bit nervewracking! :Embarrassed:

Edit: Oh, and the woman is apparently going to be okay. At least that's what the officers told me.

txcurry
05-29-2009, 02:36 AM
You truly and absolutely did the right thing. I just hope the woman never gets the idea to go back to that situation. There needs to be more people like you, Sue, who are willing to get involved.

SoCalGuy7
05-29-2009, 03:32 AM
You did the right thing....!

Ladyfish
05-29-2009, 06:59 AM
Way to go Sue!! It is so wonderful that you called the police! So many people these days just look the other way. The lady may not thank you today but one day she will! I have known several women that have been there and sometimes it takes awhile for them to realize that they do not deserve to be hit. When people like you are around looking out for them until they do care, it makes all the difference in the world.
Thank you Sue for calling the police and helping her out!!

Ladyfish

tacklejunkie
05-29-2009, 07:02 AM
Yeah man I can see yelling in an argument but it's gone to far when you're throwing punches at your own chick.

I don't know how these punks find girls to stay with them!

I woulda done the same thing if I saw some chick gettin' beat around. (cept I might have felt inclined to say something) Good on you , Sue.

ghetto dad
05-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Yeah man I can see yelling in an argument but it's gone to far when you're throwing punches at your own chick.

I don't know how these punks find girls to stay with them!

I woulda done the same thing if I saw some chick gettin' beat around. (cept I might have felt inclined to say something) Good on you , Sue.

Yeah bro, i have NEVER understood how ANY man could hit a woman...no matter what......i guess its "in" you or not.....im glad its NOT in me....

I have two daughters, and if ANY man ever TOUCHED them, I would absolutely DESTROY them!!!

Good job Sue........

GD

troutdog
05-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Good job Sue, hope the scumbag had a "rough" time in the "pokie" lastnight!:Twisted:

TD

deanhall32
05-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Good girl!! You are a good neighbor to have.

matt duarte
05-29-2009, 09:17 AM
nice job sue! i would of done the same thing..like TJ said i proly would of yelled at him just so he knew he was caught by someone else..than called the cops..

when i first met my mother in law..when i just turned 16 and my wife at the time was 14.. any way the way i met my mother in law was her tellin me and all our friends (we were at a lil party) that a neighbor she called the cops on got arrested for child abuse and molestation..defently good job on her part..but the funny thing was after the cops left she took it apon her self to take a gardening hoe and smash every and i mean every window in his house...might of not been the right thing to do but it sure was funny to hear her talkin about it...afte rshe was done talkin my wife introduced me to her mom lol...

That Dang Guy
05-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Imagine what would have happened if you didn't call the police. You did the right thing.

You'd be suprised, most neighbors wouldn't call the police. We were broken into recently. No one was home, but the neighbors were gardening. They noticed them, but thought nothing of it. I came home and saw a car in the driveway and thought it was a buddy. Turns out it wasn't. Three guys were in the house and a girl was hiding in the car as a look out. I called the police, jumped in my car and tried to box the car into the driveway. They came from around the back chased me across the street (I guess they were out of shape. LOL!) while trying to move my car. They ended up ramming my car, pulling an austin powers 1 million point turn and drove off the lawn.

That left me shaken up a bit too. Luckily i got the plates off the two cars they used. One guy was caught and plead guilty and the other girl is still on the run. F' em.

FISH_HUNTER
05-29-2009, 10:26 AM
You did the right thing Sue 110%. But the sad fact of the matter is that (I hope I'm wrong) she might be mad at you for budding in, I've seen it personally to a couple of girlfriends. They think they are the one's at fault, they must have done something to "deserve" it :Shocked:, and if they don't get out soon they'll be in it for the long run.........Oh GD +1 don't see how "guy's" can hit a girl?!........just walk away.

matt duarte
05-29-2009, 11:03 AM
thats why all girls should carrie a knife on them...if you stab someone you wont get attempted murder..especially if its self defence.. when i was in 11th grade me and my buddys got jumped by some mexican cholo wannabe gang ans i ended up getting stabbed 4 times, one in my arm, one in the chest, one in the back and the other in the leg...my buddys wrist was almost cut off..the cop told us knifes arnt ment to kill people there ment to hurt people..what a jack arse cop huh?.. anyway ladies..if your in a bad realationship get some protection incase it gets out of hand.. i would if i was a chick anyway..proly carrie a small .22 lol

NICKYMOUSE8
05-29-2009, 01:49 PM
I bet ya she still loves him and he' will change don't worry it will be fine.

txcurry
05-29-2009, 04:00 PM
About 15 years back, maybe more, we were camped at Diaz Lake on Memorial day weekend. A guy and his lady camped next to us had been drinking heavy. About 12AM they started arguing. It wasn't long before you could hear the beating from inside the tent. Anothe man and I stood outside and called the man out so he would leave her alone. The man bolted out of the tent and made it to his truck and took off out of there. Lucky he didn't hit anything! We called the Sherrifs and they came out. The guy got stopped right before he crossed into Nevada we were told later.
The poor woman was almost unrecognizable the next morning. The sad thing is, they were married and this wasn't the 1st time by her own admission.
Like I said before Sue, you did the right thing. However, like others pointed out, don't be surprised if they are back together.

olfishergal
05-29-2009, 08:30 PM
good job Sue1!! Hope that jerk had to bend over to pick up the soap in jail........what a absolute idiot. Never amazes me how many times some men think they can punch a gal and get AWAY with it just cuz that have a lil penis hanging out there.......He'll get his shortcomings for sure. Glad the gal is OK thanks to u. :Applause::Thumbs Up:......OFG

trashetanush
05-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Anyone wanna talk about what the girl could of done to piss that guy off by so much that he actually beat her? Well, i guess it doesn't matter, Beating her was very wrong in every way.

Troutman65
05-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Sue, You did the right thing for sure. I hope the girl will be ok and dump that guy like a hot potato.

sansou
05-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Good job Sue. You've told me you like the courtroom, now you get your chance to be a star witness!!

I think if most losers realized the implications of being hit with a Domestic Violence (DV) charge, they might think twice. First offense (assuming no "trauma"), is usually a few days in the pokey, couple G's ($).....but here's the kicker: up to 52 weeks of DV counseling (think...every weekend for a year!) AND maybe 16-26 hours of community service classes. By the way, you, the offender, get the pleasure of paying for this. If I recall correctly, some judges even bar you from possessing firearms for up to 10 years (depending on the facts)...not to mention you might even have a TRO issued against you prohibiting you from going back to your own house (or communicating with your family) for a while!

Second offense....forget about it. Big fines + jail (possibly prison if felony!). Your loser life will be a mess for a long time.

Unfortunately, the recidivism rates for DV seem to indicate we aren't punishing correctly. Personally, I think public shaming (in addition to the above sentence guidelines) might help. There was a judge on the East coast who was sentencing DV losers to having to put a bumper sticker on their car indicating they committed DV.

gavin310
05-30-2009, 12:31 AM
Anyone wanna talk about what the girl could of done to piss that guy off by so much that he actually beat her? Well, i guess it doesn't matter, Beating her was very wrong in every way.

No. That's a non-issue. You better learn to get that question out of your mind, because that's the type of rationale that allows you to justify physical violence on a woman if she's getting you close to your tipping point. E.g. "if she had said THIS then she deserved it".

joe man
05-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Sue you did the right thing. If we fail to get involved we will allow that type of scum to take over our neighborhoods. Gangs, murders, rapest, dope dealers, and all other scumbags can only control areas where the average person does not have the courage to take a stand. Even if the lady does not thank you I will. Thanks for caring enough to do something.

billy b
05-30-2009, 02:14 PM
for doing the right thing. IMHO ... NO woman deserves that.

Wonder where Clint E was ...?

Sue
05-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Good job Sue. You've told me you like the courtroom, now you get your chance to be a star witness!!

I think if most losers realized the implications of being hit with a Domestic Violence (DV) charge, they might think twice. First offense (assuming no "trauma"), is usually a few days in the pokey, couple G's ($).....but here's the kicker: up to 52 weeks of DV counseling (think...every weekend for a year!) AND maybe 16-26 hours of community service classes. By the way, you, the offender, get the pleasure of paying for this. If I recall correctly, some judges even bar you from possessing firearms for up to 10 years (depending on the facts)...not to mention you might even have a TRO issued against you prohibiting you from going back to your own house (or communicating with your family) for a while!

Second offense....forget about it. Big fines + jail (possibly prison if felony!). Your loser life will be a mess for a long time.

Unfortunately, the recidivism rates for DV seem to indicate we aren't punishing correctly. Personally, I think public shaming (in addition to the above sentence guidelines) might help. There was a judge on the East coast who was sentencing DV losers to having to put a bumper sticker on their car indicating they committed DV.

A few years ago, my ex boyfriend beat the crap out of me. I didn't know California law, but I left him hte next day. I spent two weeks sleeping in my car as I had nowhere to live and was too proud to tell anyone.

Went back to pick my stuff up and after being called a slut, whore and *****, I smaked the hell out of him. He called the police, I went to jail for DV.
His family actually stood up for me in court, and the judge would not allow me to plead guilty. I got three months anger management and 3 months therapy........case dismissed.

calico killer kevin
06-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Very Good of you for dialing 911 i hope he gets beat around in jail.

Bigred
I hope he can handle slippery soap very well haha.

Well maybe she broke the ceramics out of all the guides in his rods, poured sand and glue into all of his reels, drilled holes in all his LC's and triple trouts, and to top it off, planted laxatives in his dinner.

Back to the topic. You did the right thing Sue. Sucks that the situation turned on you when you retaliated, but revenge is a dark, winding road and more often than not, leads to nowhere.

Nu_AbGatr
06-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Sue, we need more people like you in the world...you're like a superhero to battered women.

Thanks!
Abg

Sue
06-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Well, he's not back home yet - and the good news is that she doesn't apparently know it was me who called the cops.

She has a bad black eye, and some serious bruising on her face, but I was her carrying groceries in tonight. I said hello, and she just smiled at me and wouldn't let me help carry the stuff.

If he does come back, I'll keep a close eye on them............

(the neighbors next to them are the ones that laugh at me for dancing around to the Mamma Mia soundtrack with my cats, and I know they're on my side so next time I see them I'll have them keep an eye out)