PDA

View Full Version : WTB: California Calico Special

fish_sauce
05-28-2009, 10:59 PM
A buddy of mine is looking to replace his stolen California Calico Special (8 footer, 20-40# casting). If you or someone you know has one for sale, please let me know! Heck, if you even know where i could come across a new one, please point me in the right direction!

We've tried looking at several Turners and online sources, but haven't come across one yet. It would be great if i could find one in good condition for his birthday!

Thank you in advance!

Andrew

Ricky-Ray
05-28-2009, 11:58 PM
The California Rod's are sold at Turner's only. From what I'm told it's basically their private label so to speak.

Check BD I think I somebody selling one there a day or two ago. Not sure if it's sold already.

spooks
05-29-2009, 08:00 AM
their private label= Okuma
Okuma built their rods and reals go on Okumas web site you'll find something similar it just won't be call calico special.

sansou
05-29-2009, 08:52 AM
The California Rod's are sold at Turner's only. From what I'm told it's basically their private label so to speak.

Check BD I think I somebody selling one there a day or two ago. Not sure if it's sold already.

I saw that! $65 !! I almost pulled the trigger on that and the OG Allstar 7'6 someone was selling...

Socal Bassman
05-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I have a California Calico Special 8ft., 15-40lb., casting I am thinking of selling. It has only been used once, so it is in like new condition. PM me if interested.

TShaffer
05-29-2009, 01:24 PM
A buddy of mine just sold his! Man if you coulda put this up two days ago...

fish_sauce
05-29-2009, 09:00 PM
their private label= Okuma
Okuma built their rods and reals go on Okumas web site you'll find something similar it just won't be call calico special.

Thanks for the info bro. Thats certainly useful to know, but i MUST find a California Calico Special due to the sentimental memories that were attatched to that particular rod :Wink:

I saw that! $65 !! I almost pulled the trigger on that and the OG Allstar 7'6 someone was selling...

i'll give him a call if i can't find one locally. I think hes from Temecula!

I have a California Calico Special 8ft., 15-40lb., casting I am thinking of selling. It has only been used once, so it is in like new condition. PM me if interested.

PM SENT!!!

A buddy of mine just sold his! Man if you coulda put this up two days ago...

Haha...thats like the story of my life. :Confused: Thanks anyway!