PDA

View Full Version : NPH 5/28 Evening

SeaSick17
05-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Well took off after work for some fishing. The tide was very low and never came back up. Fished from 5pm til 8pm. Nothing for the first 1 1/2 hours. Finally hook up but I was using 4lb test and the line gave in. Thought that might be my only shot. About 15 mins later hooked up on a small halibut, about 14 inches. Moved on to another spot and got a small sandie and a few bites but nothing stuck. Last spot before getting into the car I get hit hard but nothing. Throw out to same spot and the fight was on. I think I saw smoke coming off my drag. First legal halibut from shore. Bad thing, my wife had the camera so no picture. :( So it was very slow but that halibut made up for things
George

4g63power
05-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Sounds like a nice evening session after work..good job bud

Jaysuuun
05-28-2009, 11:52 PM
SeaSick,

Nice job on landing the legal hali. Even more impressive landing it on 4lb line. I wish I had a similar outcome. :Confused: Went out last night and caught a spottie and a few short halis. I was getting bit all night and I knew it was only a matter of time before I hooked into a quality fish. On my last cast of the night line starts peeling off my spool like crazy. The fish ran around a storm drain sign, and underneath several boats and moorings. It wrapped me up pretty good and in the end I had to break it off. :Angry:

boxl0bster
05-28-2009, 11:56 PM
not bad out there, but as you said that legal hali sure makes up for it. thanks for the report.

SeaSick17
05-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks for reading, I will try again tomorrow or maybe sunday

ghetto dad
05-29-2009, 08:30 AM
I went yesterday and got 14 legal halibut...sorry, no pics tho...:ROFL:

jk homie.....great job, and thanks for the report

GD

ldsaylor
05-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Nice job on the legal butt! What a fight that must have been on 4lb.. Damn that sounds like fun.

boxl0bster
05-29-2009, 02:42 PM
I went yesterday and got 14 legal halibut...sorry, no pics tho...:ROFL:

jk homie.....great job, and thanks for the report

GD

hahahaha:ROFL::ROFL: