PDA

View Full Version : More Calicos

klocked
05-28-2009, 01:44 PM
I had planned on possibly meeting up with Eddie(HESBROS) at NPH yesterday,
he sent me a text at 5am but my phone didn't receive it until 9am :Rolls Eyes:
AT&T cell coverage blows:Angry:.

Sorry Eddie, maybe next time:Confused:

So since I ended up working yesterday, which is a good thing, I decided to hit up
my new spot today. I fished from 9:30am to 11am and I did well!
For the 1st hour or so it was dead, then the bite turned on.....

1st fish....
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/klocked/sscalico4.jpg

2nd fish...
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/klocked/sscalico5.jpg

3rd fish...
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/klocked/sscalico6.jpg

4th fish...
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/klocked/sscalico7.jpg

5th fish...
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/klocked/sscalico8.jpg

and nope.... these aren't the biggest ones at this spot, guess I'll keep trying:LOL:

Klocked

troutdog
05-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Nice looking calicos....always nice when you stick it out and the bite turns on, good luck landing the bigger models you are looking for!

TD

Tesserz
05-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Nice ones! :Razz: Looks like they were getting progressively bigger and bigger, lol, great job! You can't catch that in the harbor, can you? Jason's in hali-hunting mode right now cauz he lost a good one last night, but I really wanna try for the calicos sometime soon. 5 good-sized ones in an hour and a half? You make it look so easy. :Wink:

Jaysuuun
05-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Dude those are some nice fish! Especially the ones in the last two pics. They look like they have some shoulders on them. Can't wait to see you post some pics of some larger models.

As Tess said, I'm on a Hali Mission :Twisted: and if all goes well I think I'll be on a Calico Mission next. :Wink:

tacklejunkie
05-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Nice! that's a fatty! Those things look cool man. Keep it up! :Cool:
I wanna see you bag a TOAD :Twisted:

Ifishtoolittle
05-28-2009, 10:13 PM
They just keep getting bigger WOW! WTG on the Calicos man!

LunkerLover
05-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Nice ones! :Razz: Looks like they were getting progressively bigger and bigger, lol, great job! You can't catch that in the harbor, can you? :Wink:

Oh yes my friend, you can ... I've had a few calicos off my skiff over by the jetties/rocks early in the morning.. :Big Grin:

klocked
05-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Nice looking calicos....always nice when you stick it out and the bite turns on, good luck landing the bigger models you are looking for!

TD

Thanks TD... it was fun!

Nice ones! :Razz: Looks like they were getting progressively bigger and bigger, lol, great job! You can't catch that in the harbor, can you? Jason's in hali-hunting mode right now cauz he lost a good one last night, but I really wanna try for the calicos sometime soon. 5 good-sized ones in an hour and a half? You make it look so easy. :Wink:

Thanks Tess!, yes they did get progressively bigger! (thanks for noticing, lol). There are Calicos in NPH, but I think there would be more of them the closer you get to the inlet. Although my son and I have caught them from M-street dock up to 15"(his biggest fish). I was suprised myself when I was able to catch 5 of them in 1 outing. It actually was easy this time but you know how fishing is.... I could get skunked the next few times....:Wink:

Dude those are some nice fish! Especially the ones in the last two pics. They look like they have some shoulders on them. Can't wait to see you post some pics of some larger models.

As Tess said, I'm on a Hali Mission :Twisted: and if all goes well I think I'll be on a Calico Mission next. :Wink:

Thanks Jay, the last two were good sized ones. Sooner or later I'll get those larger models, they made their presence known but didn't like my presentation I guess. Good luck on your legal Hali mission!!

Nice! that's a fatty! Those things look cool man. Keep it up! :Cool:
I wanna see you bag a TOAD :Twisted:

Thank you TJ!, I think I might be needing a net for the bigger ones I've seen there. I switched from tying my lead head straight to my mainline to using a 12 lb leader and those last 2 fish had me worried when I was lifting them out of the water. I cant wait to bag one of those toads out of there!

They just keep getting bigger WOW! WTG on the Calicos man!

Thanks man!!

Funny how I look so grumpy during one of the best days of fishing I've had all year:Rolls Eyes:

All these fish were CPR'd, I want to catch them again and again!!

flyngby
05-30-2009, 08:23 PM
John,

Those are some nicer models but still not the ones you were describing in the first post from that location!:Twisted:

I know you are just working us up to the big moment slowly and keeping us in suspense!!!:Big Smile:

Thanks for the support for the SWBA Round 3 but unfortunately we will not make it do to work schedules but we new that going in!:Sad:

Eddie sent you a PM about the near future. Hope things can work to get you aboard!:Wink:

I will send you a PM!!

Steve

klocked
06-01-2009, 09:16 AM
John,

Those are some nicer models but still not the ones you were describing in the first post from that location!:Twisted:

I know you are just working us up to the big moment slowly and keeping us in suspense!!!:Big Smile:

Thanks for the support for the SWBA Round 3 but unfortunately we will not make it do to work schedules but we new that going in!:Sad:

Eddie sent you a PM about the near future. Hope things can work to get you aboard!:Wink:

I will send you a PM!!

Steve

Thanks Steve, I got your pm