PDA

View Full Version : San Diego fishing

05-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi,

I am planning on making a trip down to San Diego with a bunch of friends for some deep sea fishing. We plan to do a 3/4 day fishing trip in search of some yellow tail.

Do any of you know of any good boats that we should be looking into? We want to go on a bigger boat that isn't going to have us crammed like sardines. If you can list the boats that you feel are good, reasons why, and prices that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

SD Pirate
05-28-2009, 01:04 PM
The malihini out of H&M or the San Diego out of Seaforth.
Ryan and Mike are awsome captains.

Ricky-Ray
05-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Spend a few bucks more and make it an overnight trip. More time on the water will increase your odds of catching yellowtail.

LA Smoker
05-28-2009, 01:23 PM
for 3/4 I recommend the San Diego out of Seaforth. But if you have more time and $ do what Victor said and try to get on a overnight or better yet 1.5. You'll have better chances at hooking up on the big ones.

DavidE
05-28-2009, 01:42 PM
How many is a bunch?? And when are you planning on going?? PM me I have a buddy who owns a charter boat out of Seaforth. He'll run a 3/4 if he's available.

ghetto dad
05-28-2009, 01:49 PM
for 3/4 I recommend the San Diego out of Seaforth. But if you have more time and $ do what Victor said and try to get on a overnight or better yet 1.5. You'll have better chances at hooking up on the big ones.

:ROFL: "victor"

thats all good advice bro...

GD

LA Smoker
05-28-2009, 03:49 PM
:ROFL: "victor"

thats all good advice bro...

GD

Hahahaaha... I meant Ricky Ray... I was looking at our mail guy @ the office when I posted that... his name is victor.

cappo
05-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Hahahaaha... I meant Ricky Ray... I was looking at our mail guy @ the office when I posted that... his name is victor.

Does he look like shrek?

EastCoaster
05-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Well I have only gone on the Mission Belle 3/4 day but I know from looking at counts and knowing people who were on boats, Seaforth Landing is prolly a very good place to start!!

flopps1
05-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Well I have only gone on the Mission Belle 3/4 day but I know from looking at counts and knowing people who were on boats, Seaforth Landing is prolly a very good place to start!!

The San Diego is a good boat. Advantages of Seaforth is that there is free parking. However, it can get cramped up as well. Specially if it's on a weekend and yellowtail fishing is on tap. Best way to avoid the crowds is by going on the weekdays. No limited loads unless you charter it. It's a longer ride to islands from there but good captain and crew.

deanhall32
05-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Chubasco 2 runs out of a dock between Seaforth and the old Islandia. Check out his website and give him a call. His loads are light right now because alot of people have not been able to relocate him(Ernie-owner/operator). Call his cell phone and talk to him directly. They are running 1/2 dayers on Tue/Thursday and 3/4 dayers the rest of the week.

ghetto dad
05-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Does he look like shrek?

:ROFL::ROFL:Thats so mean cuz......

GD

FISHINGBEE
05-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Chubasco 2 runs out of a dock between Seaforth and the old Islandia. Check out his website and give him a call. His loads are light right now because alot of people have not been able to relocate him(Ernie-owner/operator). Call his cell phone and talk to him directly. They are running 1/2 dayers on Tue/Thursday and 3/4 dayers the rest of the week. I have some very bad trips on that boat. Try the dolphin 2. The San DIEGO Mission Belle Pont loma.

FISHINGBEE

deanhall32
05-29-2009, 11:15 AM
I have some very bad trips on that boat. Try the dolphin 2. The San DIEGO Mission Belle Pont loma.

FISHINGBEE

Try the Chubasco 2. Excellent boat. The Dolphin is a good boat if you want to go on a half-day boat.

deanhall32
05-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Also, I have seen the Dolphin 2, but it has been tied up to the end of the dock at the old Islandia Sportfishing. Don't think they have been running much. The parking for the Chubasco 2 is the Seaforth landing parking lot which of course is free.

Ricky-Ray
05-29-2009, 11:48 AM
I've only done one trip on the Chubasco II and I must admit I was impress with Captain Ernie, he went out of his way to get us on the fish that day I was there. We even stayed out an hour later than normal so he could try and get a few more fish in the sacks for us.

Despite a slow day of fishing he tried hard. I'd definitely have no hesitations about jumping on his boat again.

FISHINGBEE
05-30-2009, 05:46 PM
I've only done one trip on the Chubasco II and I must admit I was impress with Captain Ernie, he went out of his way to get us on the fish that day I was there. We even stayed out an hour later than normal so he could try and get a few more fish in the sacks for us.

Despite a slow day of fishing he tried hard. I'd definitely have no hesitations about jumping on his boat again.
So was this at Seaforth. The boat i went on was out of Islandia. The two times i went we zeroed out on everything while the rest of fleet did pretty well. Maybe it hade a different Skipper at that time. I have had some awesome trips on the Dolphin 2. Late 90s caught JP 4 straight trips all Yellowtail. I here the Dolphin is now at SeaForth now that 1/2 day boat use to lead in Yellowtail counts. I was on a Twilight trip one day and we hammered some nice Yellows. Only time i ever caught yellows on a twilight boat.

FISHINGBEE

Ricky-Ray
05-31-2009, 10:43 AM
So was this at Seaforth. The boat i went on was out of Islandia. The two times i went we zeroed out on everything while the rest of fleet did pretty well. Maybe it hade a different Skipper at that time. I have had some awesome trips on the Dolphin 2. Late 90s caught JP 4 straight trips all Yellowtail. I here the Dolphin is now at SeaForth now that 1/2 day boat use to lead in Yellowtail counts. I was on a Twilight trip one day and we hammered some nice Yellows. Only time i ever caught yellows on a twilight boat.

FISHINGBEE

At the time I went on my trip the Chubasco II was out of Islandia.

FISHINGBEE
05-31-2009, 10:54 AM
At the time I went on my trip the Chubasco II was out of Islandia. Thanks man ill give it another try some time.

FISHINGBEE