PDA

View Full Version : Looking for healthy fish prep-recipes

billy b
05-28-2009, 08:58 AM
... and I'm not smart enough to know to search for what is probably on this board.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. And, BTW, how do you prepare fish tacos ...and what fish besides Sacto Perch do you like to use?

Thanks much,

billy b

bsp
05-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Grilling the fish in a foil packet with lemon juice and onions is tasty and healthy. Practically any fish grilled tastes good and is healthy, just add your favorite spices or look up good dry seasonings for fish.

Skyler
05-29-2009, 09:54 AM
I use trout, salmon, striper, and even bluegill or crappie for fish tacos. They all have their own qualities, and they all taste great in taco form. I've even used carp once, and it was actually quite good. You just need to fillet and skin/debone the fish, then cut the fillets into taco sized strips. Then dip 'em in beaten eggs, dredge in a mix of wheat and corn flour (add garlic powder and lemon pepper to the flour), then pan fry until firm and golden brown. Heat up some corn tortillas, chop some cabbage, tomatos and avocado, shred some oaxaca cheese, and break out the sour cream and tapatio. Fold, dress, and enjoy!

tpfishnfool
06-02-2009, 07:50 AM
I use trout, salmon, striper, and even bluegill or crappie for fish tacos. They all have their own qualities, and they all taste great in taco form. I've even used carp once, and it was actually quite good. You just need to fillet and skin/debone the fish, then cut the fillets into taco sized strips. Then dip 'em in beaten eggs, dredge in a mix of wheat and corn flour (add garlic powder and lemon pepper to the flour), then pan fry until firm and golden brown. Heat up some corn tortillas, chop some cabbage, tomatos and avocado, shred some oaxaca cheese, and break out the sour cream and tapatio. Fold, dress, and enjoy!

Dude , Im there !! Drooling on my lapper...

Skyler
06-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Dude , Im there !! Drooling on my lapper...

Drool indeed. Just had some last weekend made from fresh GVL trout. They came out awesome. Just mind those pin bones when cleaning 'em, he he he.

JediMindTricks
06-08-2009, 09:36 AM
skyler is on point. thats how i cook up most my fish.
and believe it or not, the one carp meal i have ate, was delicious.
i just didn't enjoy gutting a carp for some reason. yuck.

as for grilled........

take a little vegatable oil and pour some in a bowl.
add lemon pepper, little salt, and garlic salt or powder.
soak your fillet(s) in there for about 20-30 minutes.
than just grill those suckers up, i think it only takes like 3 or 4 minutes per side too.

using the same recipe,
you can also toss your fillets in some foil, add lemon juice, put it in a glass baking dish, and bake it. comes out fantastic both ways.