PDA

View Full Version : Fat ikas???

PUDD MASTER BAITER
05-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Ive caught a lot of calicos, bay bass ,and sand bass. Some had an octapus hanging out of there mouth. I just got into using fat ikas,for lmb. Would they work in the bays. It would seem ,you can work them in the rocks without getting snagged. After all thats where they live, along with octapus. If any one has any info on colors to try, id apprciate some advice. Im going to try the large yamomoto watermelon red flake. Sunday off the jetty.

DEADROOTS
05-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Good luck. let us know what happens.

craznazn
05-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Ive caught a lot of calicos, bay bass ,and sand bass. Some had an octapus hanging out of there mouth. I just got into using fat ikas,for lmb. Would they work in the bays. It would seem ,you can work them in the rocks without getting snagged. After all thats where they live, along with octapus. If any one has any info on colors to try, id apprciate some advice. Im going to try the large yamomoto watermelon red flake. Sunday off the jetty.

Use them while fishing the wall. I like them in that you can make them weedless and pitch them deeper into structures.

Ika's a plastic and all plastics seem to work in the ocean...imho...

Laters....

JediMindTricks
05-28-2009, 03:28 PM
should work. get some scents to go with it maybe.

calico killer kevin
05-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I haven't tried them out yet, but other similar plastics have worked before so I don't see why not. Although, I would use a number of squid/octopus imitators before I would use an Ika. For example, Yamamoto Hula Grubs. Arguably one of my most effective weapons around jetties and heavy kelp.