PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Kovack filming at Fairmont

fishmounter
05-27-2009, 09:02 PM
So there I was fishing with Skipperdick at our favorite bass lake (right), when this familiar looking guy walks up asking how the bass fishing is. He says who he is and that they would like to shoot some footage of us fishing for his TV show. Skipperdick and I look at each other and say..WTF? Then Ronnie and his cameraman Dan start taking all this fishing gear out of their SUV and start setting up to fish for carp. Carp!? He told me that he grew up here in Riverside and as a kid they used to fish for big carp, "right at this spot." So they asked me to make a few casts so they could get film of me fishing and also while I talked to Mr. Kovack. It was pretty cool talking to him. Skipper was hiding behind a tree because he didn't want to be on camera. I guess he figured someone might recognize him from the photos at the post office.

wethook
05-27-2009, 09:09 PM
OMG how freakin cool!!!!!! did you ask when the show might be aired? thats so cool....!!!

Ricky-Ray
05-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Ronnie's pretty cool. I've fished with him on many ocassions on his saltwater trips. Some people think he's an arse, but he's just very straight to the point and doesn't take and BS. It's fun hanging with him, I can talk smack to him almost all day and as long as I'm willing to take what he dishes out to me also then it's all good.

GeordyBass
05-27-2009, 09:20 PM
LOL I can't stand him,but at least you'll be on TV,,,If he would have asked me I would have given him the finger,,,lol,,,

SkipperDick
05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
So there I was fishing with Skipperdick at our favorite bass lake (right), when this familiar looking guy walks up asking how the bass fishing is. He says who he is and that they would like to shoot some footage of us fishing for his TV show. Skipperdick and I look at each other and say..WTF? Then Ronnie and his cameraman Dan start taking all this fishing gear out of their SUV and start setting up to fish for carp. Carp!? He told me that he grew up here in Riverside and as a kid they used to fish for big carp, "right at this spot." So they asked me to make a few casts so they could get film of me fishing and also while I talked to Mr. Kovack. It was pretty cool talking to him. Skipper was hiding behind a tree because he didn't want to be on camera. I guess he figured someone might recognize him from the photos at the post office.

:ROFL::ROFL:Right on Brother, I was just contemplating putting a post up about this morning with Ronnie, had to laugh when I saw your thread! You're such a HAM! "The Fairmont Representitive" !! But I must say that you did a fine job of "hiding" yourself. That is, "hiding" the bait/lure that was tied to your line, so when the show airs nobody will see the "secret" that makes you the Fairmont Master!:Secret:

As for me, you bet I was hiding, someone would have certainly recognized me from the photos at the post office. Good seeing you again Brother, If you can't make it on Friday, maybe you and I could get my boat out on the water somewhere this weekend.

SkipperDick

JediMindTricks
05-28-2009, 09:10 AM
sweetness..... i woulda loved to be on TV. i mean, when i win BassMasters, people can look back and see i was always slaying fish. hahahahahah, right?

The Angler
05-29-2009, 11:15 AM
sweetness..... i woulda loved to be on TV. i mean, when i win BassMasters, people can look back and see i was always slaying fish. hahahahahah, right?

:ROFL:Always Slaying fish ?

fishmounter
05-30-2009, 12:28 AM
I think he said it would air in 4-6 weeks. Suppose to be a show all about how he started fishing as a kid. Then this Sunday morning on FSN (9:00 am?) they are suppose to air "Fishing Ventures" that Ronnie recently filmed at Lake Elsinore. According to Ronnie, the fishing was fantastic. Nice Largemouths, Wipers, crappies and catfish. "Best it's been in years!" I'm curious what they filmed... I guess I'll watch and check it out. I have not fished Elsinore in years.

WARRIORMIKE
05-30-2009, 12:31 AM
I think he said it would air in 4-6 weeks. Suppose to be a show all about how he started fishing as a kid. Then this Sunday morning on FSN (9:00 am?) they are suppose to air "Fishing Ventures" that Ronnie recently filmed at Lake Elsinore. According to Ronnie, the fishing was fantastic. Nice Largemouths, Wipers, crappies and catfish. "Best it's been in years!" I'm curious what they filmed... I guess I'll watch and check it out. I have not fished Elsinore in years.

They aired that episode last week. One of the guys ends up pulling a nice one out of there :Shocked: