PDA

View Full Version : Seaguar INVIZX ???

DEADROOTS
05-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Has or does anyone use this line in salt water? How would you all rate this line? Pros/Cons. Does it have a lot of memory? Ive read comments from a couple places but I don't know how reliable they were so I figured I'd ask a fishing society.

Any thoughts or comments on the ABRAZX?

fish_sauce
05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I haven't had experience with Seaguars INVIZX yet, as i normally use BPS's XPS FC and PLine's flourocarbon.

If you haven't stumbled across it on google already, the staff at tackletour did a pretty extensive test on some of the popular flourocarbon lines out there....heres the link...http://www.tackletour.com/reviewfluorocarbon2.html

take your time and read through the whole review, it's quite interesting!

edit: oh yes, i forgot to add that for flourocarbon with minimal memory, i've had good experiences with the Berkley Vanish. They don't have quite as high of a rating in areas that you would expect from a flourocarbon line (abrasion resistance and stretch) but for the money and its low memory qualities, its worth a trial.

andrew

bsp
05-27-2009, 08:59 PM
It's awesome. Wingnut got me hooked on it, and I doubt I will ever use anything else. It is insanely durable too. If you need proof of stress testing, that's the line I used in my last report.

GeordyBass
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
didn't you ask me that yesterday at 11:30pm?
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

NoHo ART
05-27-2009, 09:25 PM
lol you guys phonebone? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

GeordyBass
05-27-2009, 09:38 PM
lol you guys phonebone? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:If you like that kind of stuff,,,lol,,,HoMo ART,,,:ROFL:

DEADROOTS
05-27-2009, 10:09 PM
I haven't had experience with Seaguars INVIZX yet, as i normally use BPS's XPS FC and PLine's flourocarbon.

If you haven't stumbled across it on google already, the staff at tackletour did a pretty extensive test on some of the popular flourocarbon lines out there....heres the link...http://www.tackletour.com/reviewfluorocarbon2.html

take your time and read through the whole review, it's quite interesting!

edit: oh yes, i forgot to add that for flourocarbon with minimal memory, i've had good experiences with the Berkley Vanish. They don't have quite as high of a rating in areas that you would expect from a flourocarbon line (abrasion resistance and stretch) but for the money and its low memory qualities, its worth a trial.

andrew

Thanks for the info! That was nice to know. Ive had a couple of experiences with the Vanish and P-Line and none preformed well, lots of memory and the line becomes funky after it touches the salt. I want to try out the BPS though.:Beer Toast:

It's awesome. Wingnut got me hooked on it, and I doubt I will ever use anything else. It is insanely durable too. If you need proof of stress testing, that's the line I used in my last report.

I saw that, well done bro. Ive noticed it's productivity levels so I had to get a solid understanding of it.

didn't you ask me that yesterday at 11:30pm?
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I didn't realize that it was passed your bed time kiddo.:Razz:

lol you guys phonebone? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

He's the catcher!:Shocked:

fish_sauce
05-28-2009, 10:08 AM
deadroots, are you thoroughly rinsing out your reel with freshwater after a trip to the salt? the salt build up on your line can crystalize and make the line hard and contribute to memory. How you storage the reels also affects the longevity of the flourocarbon too...exposure to sunlight and heat (like say leaving it in you car) can also contribute to the line breaking down prematurely. I also make it a habbit to stripp off about 4 to 5 feet of line before i tie up, the last 4 to 5ft takes quite a beating and usually hardens up and become brittle--this seems to me like a reoccuring issue with any line in general (flourocarbon or mono) and not just brand-specific products.

tpfishnfool
05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Its the **** !! I dont waist my time with any other line, fresh or salt.. But for salt I would use it as a top shot as to keep costs down.

DEADROOTS
05-30-2009, 01:05 AM
deadroots, are you thoroughly rinsing out your reel with freshwater after a trip to the salt? the salt build up on your line can crystalize and make the line hard and contribute to memory. How you storage the reels also affects the longevity of the flourocarbon too...exposure to sunlight and heat (like say leaving it in you car) can also contribute to the line breaking down prematurely. I also make it a habbit to stripp off about 4 to 5 feet of line before i tie up, the last 4 to 5ft takes quite a beating and usually hardens up and become brittle--this seems to me like a reoccuring issue with any line in general (flourocarbon or mono) and not just brand-specific products.
Wow! I do keep my tackle in the car regularly. When I flush my motor at the launch ramp or when I get home I tighten my drag then hose down my tackle for about 20 seconds or so. Usually after about, the fifth time out, I change my line because it becomes discolored and it also ends up having a deteriorated feel to the touch.

Its the **** !! I dont waist my time with any other line, fresh or salt.. But for salt I would use it as a top shot as to keep costs down.
I used it tonight at the Castaic lagoon night tubing event. I love it. I can feel everything.