PDA

View Full Version : just got back from lake san antonio

dodgerfan
05-27-2009, 03:31 PM
went camping at lake san antonio for memorial day sunday through tuesday. this was mainly a camping/wakeboarding trip but of course i brought all my gear. first day threw plastic worms and numerous crankbaits off the north campground for nothing. at night started baiting it up with anchovies and nightcrawlers hoping for a cat or striper to no avail. the next morning say a lot of jumpers and ran to the lake with my lucky craft popper with no success. finally got a good look at one of the jumpers and it ended up being a 10+ pound carp. it was a let down and i stopped fishing to go eat breakfast. while wakeboarding i used many different deep water tactics while we were changing boarders. everything from a whitebucktail to a deep water rainbow trout colored jig for nada. a lot of large boiling carp. i have never seen carp so aggressive going a couple feet out of the water. some parts of the lake looked like pea soup with the algae bloom. any pointers on this lake???????

rusty6
05-27-2009, 07:53 PM
the carp do this during spawn mode i think...i've seen em do it at big bear before

Panfish Junior
05-28-2009, 09:30 PM
It sounds like fun to me. At least you caught a 10 + lb carp. Thanks for the report!