PDA

View Full Version : Better Late then Never .... 5/23/09 aboard the "So Cal"

IslandBoi
05-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Sorry so late fellaz but I have been ridiculously busy, as u can tell from my absence on the boards….House is coming along….Took me every weekend for the past month and a half to prepare my backyard for sod. Living in Fontana, is like living in a rock pit….talk about some manual back breaking labor….but sod went down, growing good and finally finished building my daughters their playset, which took the whole weekend by myself….So House Honey-Do list has kept me beyond busy…BUT!!!!!
I managed to sneak away Saturday Morning….1/2 trip aboard good ole faithful the “So Cal” out of Long Beach….Fishing party was the usual me and my boy OZ, but we also brought along his brother Josh and his daughter Jamie…it was her first fishing trip, so that was kewl….always trying to introduce a new face to fishing…
Left my house @ 4:15 am and heading down the 210 fwy …. To the 605 fwy …. To the 91 fwy …. To the 710 fwy …. Exit Long Beach Pike …. Just made it …. Got there at 5:15 am ready to go…..Checked in and Cuda with some Sculpin was on the menu….
Headed out at 6:30 am to the bait barge, got some nice looking chovies and we headed out…..On the way out there, Jamie got pooped on twice, I guess the birds didn’t like her USC sweatshirt ( GO IRISH!!!) And we told her that is was a sign of good luck and great fishing ahead. We spent a good hour looking for the cuda’z but they were just not around so off to the Sculpin fields…..
Rigged up the usual dropshot, leadheads, squid, the good ole stuff…..Once I hit the ground, HOOK UP!!!!!! Pulled it up and nice pair of sand dabs….Pretty cool, never caught a sand dab so it was my first, hahaha…Then pretty much it was wide open for a good 2 ½ hours, we told Jamie it was good luck!!! She landed a couple of toads herself, she was very excited. Sand dabs and Sculpin with an occasional Cod being pulled up. Some lucky guy pulled up a beast of a Sculpin, thing was HUGE!!!!!
Total for the day
Island Boi- 2 Sand Dabs & 6 Sculpin
Ozzy – 5 Sculpin
Josh – 1 Sand Dab & 4 Sculpin
Jamie – 4 Sand Dabs & 7 Sculpin  Out fished us all!!!!

Sorry no pics but my camera was out of juice & didn’t realize it till I tried to snap my first pic…..

Keep’em Tight Fellaz!!!!!

P.S … looking to do some concrete work in my backyard … if anyone is looking for work and knows a good contractor…..lemme kno….Thanks

mybada
05-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Great report! Looks like rock fishing is slowed down everywhere as weather gets warmed up. I guess it's time for sculpins and bass fishing now.

BTW, one of my buddy is contractor and he's a good fisherman as well. :) May be he will give you a good discount if you tell him you are also on the FNN forum.
Shoot me a PM if you need his phone #.

Troutman65
05-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Long time no see. Glad your doing well and got to get out and do some fishing. :Cool: Thanks for the report.

JapanRon
05-30-2009, 07:07 AM
Hi IslandBo,

Thanks for the great report. Too bad you didn't get in on some of those sneaky cuda that were passing thru so quickly.

JapanRon