PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 4-26 report

Fishthewhaler
05-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Go to the lake after a bit of a late start, and began fishing at 7:30. Nobody was there except some bass guys, and I did see T/O across the lake from me a few times. I caught some bass, only not the ones I wanted. Mr stripey was playing hide and go seek with me and I couldn't find em. I went to a couple of my productive spots only to find white water conditions by the dam. It is an enormous amount of water and current bubbbling in. Not sure if its a good thing, I don't think so?..One spot was lit up top to bottom on the Garmin,but no biters. I tried trolling down toward elizabeth, and also back and down towards the damn. I DID get the head shake on the trolling gear twice, but didn't stick. It was in deep enough water that I know it was FISH..Maybe next time. I did pick off 3 bass while trying for stripey, One nicer one on a Crank bait. Here's the pics.
FYI When I got to the ramp at 2pm . they had just stocked a bunch of active trout, they were flippin all around the ramp, and some of the bass guys/ladies were pickin away at limits(Threre was the bass lady there,not sure her name,always with the dog) I didn't want any of those to clean, Mr stripey was in my crosshairs!!

Anglerism
05-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the report bro! Good Catch!