PDA

View Full Version : DFG doing its job

KID-FISH
05-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know, the game wardens have been busting people lately. I'm not going to give locations so the lurkers and poachers can avoid them, but I have been at three different lakes in the last month and the warden has been out checking licenses and limits. Of course they had some help from a friend of mine, but he told me he has seen people taking limits of trout to their cars and stashing them in coolers, so he called the hotline and the warden has shown up all three times.
If there is anything I enjoy, it's knowing poachers are getting busted. Call the hotline if you see anyone breaking the rules, let's start protecting our fisheries!

The number is on the back of your fishing licenses.

skylarjames2009
05-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know, the game wardens have been busting people lately. I'm not going to give locations so the lurkers and poachers can avoid them, but I have been at three different lakes in the last month and the warden has been out checking licenses and limits. Of course they had some help from a friend of mine, but he told me he has seen people taking limits of trout to their cars and stashing them in coolers, so he called the hotline and the warden has shown up all three times.
If there is anything I enjoy, it's knowing poachers are getting busted. Call the hotline if you see anyone breaking the rules, let's start protecting our fisheries!

The number is on the back of your fishing licenses.

I didnt know about hotline number on the back will use it next time I see some lake poachers.

gavin310
05-27-2009, 11:12 AM
that's really good to hear. i was just fishing at a certain pier and two guys got busted for fishing in the "no fishing zone" of the pier. there were about 40 other people in the same area, but they just ticketed the first two people they ran into.

jim532
05-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Is cal-tip the only option? Has anyone had any luck calling the regional office to get a faster response time in getting idiots delt with?

PHISHnutS
05-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Is cal-tip the only option? Has anyone had any luck calling the regional office to get a faster response time in getting idiots delt with?

I think if you are looking for enforcement of laws you are best off just calling the hotline.

fisherman9
05-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Ya there doing pretty good, i've seen them out at my local lake twice this month checking for licenses and what not.

Troutman65
05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
:Cool: Thanks for the post. Nice to hear that the DFG is coming out after you make the call.:Cool:

The Angler
05-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Yea my cousin hit up Perris awhile back & he said the DFG was there checking up on every person at gate 11

PUDD MASTER BAITER
05-28-2009, 07:04 AM
The pudd sunday was a circus at the east and south shore . I was hoping our new dfg guy ,would be out there .he would have made a killing. I counted at least 20 people without a license. The ones i talked to ,gave me the response ,they didnt know they had to have one ,or im on the pier ,and didnt need one. I left around 10 am.ive seen our new young dfg guy ,in the past few months ,bust guys left ,and right,even the idots who come every year during the spawn with gold fish. Im glad to see them finally enforcing ,with 0 tolerance.

tpfishnfool
05-28-2009, 09:23 AM

No its not your only option.. I use the baseball bat option... SSSwing and its out a here man !! Headless poachers are cool .....

Fishthewhaler
05-31-2009, 03:34 PM
I was pulling out of piru last week and and saw the warden parked on the hillside, laying on his belly, looking over the cliffs in his bino's. Not sure what he was looking for. First time I've seen the man there....also last week they wanted to check in my cooler for "live bait".
Evidently, someone's been using the ol goldfish>>>>>>:(