PDA

View Full Version : DVL Evening bite?

Fishbrains
05-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Gonna walk the shore this evening and throw big swimbaits, any tips?

bblbasser
05-26-2009, 02:19 PM
leave the swimbait rod at home and fish tight to the bank with buzzbaits and spinnerbaits in the chunk rock with wind blowing into it.

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 02:23 PM
evening? how late is the lake open now?

ghost2uu
05-26-2009, 04:59 PM
the lake is open from 5:45 am to 7:00 p.m. I was there sunday and the only big baits I would be throwing are bluegill imitations. There are bluegill along the edges of the weed beds by the east dam. The water level continues to drop I would say 15 vertical feet in the last week and a half. They must be pulling water again cause this is to big a drop for evaporation. Hey Matt, I don't remember if you remember fishing with me and my friend with the dredlocks but the water is down another 20 to 30 feet from there.

INDOANGLER2
05-26-2009, 05:00 PM
2 weeks ago the lake closed at 06:45, if you stay any longer you'll be in trouble. I wish they had night fishing, the fishing picks up in the early evening.

chrislxf
05-26-2009, 05:01 PM
the lake is open from 5:45 am to 7:00 p.m. I was there sunday and the only big baits I would be throwing are bluegill imitations. There are bluegill along the edges of the weed beds by the east dam. The water level continues to drop I would say 15 vertical feet in the last week and a half. They must be pulling water again cause this is to big a drop for evaporation. Hey Matt, I don't remember if you remember fishing with me and my friend with the dredlocks but the water is down another 20 to 30 feet from there.

Just wait till next month. It's gonna drop even faster.

dodoman
05-26-2009, 09:34 PM
its dropping fast fellas.
for you swimbaiters and boaters!
remember the island near the east dam?
well, its part of the shore lines now.

did some work there a couple days ago, THATS when i noticed.
by the end of summer, the lake will be down 2/3 , if not more.

BY THE WAY, NO FISHING AT NIGHT.

samgann93
05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
never forget to bring the swimbait rod. it may not be as wide open as some other times. but dont leave it at home.

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 10:14 PM

damn are you serious! so that means you can walk to that island on the east side right? i defently need to get back out there! i havent been fishing since i was laid off... hope i can make it out soon my big baits are dieing for some use haha

ghost2uu
05-27-2009, 04:18 PM
its not an island anymore its a big point now, found a triple trout on it monday that looked pretty new.

dodoman
05-27-2009, 05:21 PM
its not an island anymore its a big point now, found a triple trout on it monday that looked pretty new.

THATS MINE!!!:Shocked::Shocked::Shocked:

hookup
05-28-2009, 06:02 PM
whats up ghost2uu you remember me a young kidd with a cousin we were out there all winter huckin those big baits. well anyways i would never leave a swimbait rod home you never no when the big bait bite is going to happen.

RamboBoy
05-28-2009, 06:38 PM
THATS MINE!!!:Shocked::Shocked::Shocked:

Dodo if the water is going low level, you better go out and check out your swimbait lure

I saw the island in East Dam is pretty drop water.

eddiefishtaco
05-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Dodo if the water is going low level, you better go out and check out your swimbait lure

I saw the island in East Dam is pretty drop water.

Ramb:EyePop:

I found some of dodo's swimbaits and I sold them on e-bay
he used to snap the line on the cast :Angry:
and curse like a borracho. now he uses 80# braided
LOL
nah JK