PDA

View Full Version : Tubing the Eastern Sierras

hughpam
05-26-2009, 09:20 AM
I have a week to take my two teenaged boys tubing in the Eastern Sierras. I want to find a few lakes, close to each other, where we can camp and tube. This is out of the norm for me. I usually go there to fly the creeks. Should be fun!

Any ideas?

Trout-Slayer77
05-26-2009, 09:37 AM
try the june loop or virginia lakes.

Flying
05-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Once you make the 300+ mile drive up there every thing is close to each other.:LOL:

Mammoth Lakes. Theres camping around most of the lakes. Twin has a lot of vegetation so theres a good hatch coming off there if you want to dry fly out of the tube. Convict is just 15 minutes away.

June Loop is my favorite area. Gull has a small camp ground next to the lake. Silver and June have them with in easy walking distance. June is my favorite to tube.I like to have my space so the bigger the lake the better. These 3 lakes are all different in size and shoreline/bottom structure so you have a variety to choose from.

FishPrincipal
05-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Go to Bishop, head up Line St. into the mountains. There are numerous campgrounds and 4 lakes near each other. North lake and Intake two are great tubing lakes, South and Sabrina Lakes are very big. Awesome fishing up there, always limit out when I go. Good Luck.