PDA

View Full Version : buying new puppies

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 12:55 AM
ok well my wife and i have been wanting a puppy for us and our son..i really wanted a english bull dog so i looked into it.. and i found a owner with 2 english bulldog puppies. he has to get rid of them because his son is allergic any way hes giving me the puppies and all i have to pay for is the shipping which is 200 bucks..he lives in kentucky so my question is when he sends the puppies do i pick them up from the airport?? do they come to the front door? if they come to the airport where would one pick them up from...the luggage belt thing?

Atlaua
05-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Drop shipment:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2158/wparachute739024.jpg

BrownTrout
05-26-2009, 09:23 AM
ok well my wife and i have been wanting a puppy for us and our son..i really wanted a english bull dog so i looked into it.. and i found a owner with 2 english bulldog puppies. he has to get rid of them because his son is allergic any way hes giving me the puppies and all i have to pay for is the shipping which is 200 bucks..he lives in kentucky so my question is when he sends the puppies do i pick them up from the airport?? do they come to the front door? if they come to the airport where would one pick them up from...the luggage belt thing?

i have a lot of experience shipping dogs through the airlines.

you will have to pick up the dog in the cargo area of the airport, it will not come out where the baggage does. each airport has its own cargo area. i use delta air cargo for my shipments. you will generally pay when you pick up your cargo, so do not send any money to this guy first. if he says you need to send him money, check with the airline he is going to use to make sure. this sounds a little to good to be true, so be safe to avoid getting ripped off. 200 bucks also sounds pretty cheap, i have not sent or recieved a dog in over a year but it was always at least 250 bucks or more depending on weight. the airlines also have temperature regulations, too hot or cold and you cant ship an animal so you need to do it fast before it gets too hot.

good luck.

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 09:30 AM
i have a lot of experience shipping dogs through the airlines.

you will have to pick up the dog in the cargo area of the airport, it will not come out where the baggage does. each airport has its own cargo area. i use delta air cargo for my shipments. you will generally pay when you pick up your cargo, so do not send any money to this guy first. if he says you need to send him money, check with the airline he is going to use to make sure. this sounds a little to good to be true, so be safe to avoid getting ripped off. 200 bucks also sounds pretty cheap, i have not sent or recieved a dog in over a year but it was always at least 250 bucks or more depending on weight. the airlines also have temperature regulations, too hot or cold and you cant ship an animal so you need to do it fast before it gets too hot.

good luck.

thanks for the info dude... prices must of dropped because i had emailed another lady about a different puppy and the shipping was the same amount.. it could be 250 after tax and what not.. also the guy had already told me i will be paying him zero dollars he told me the airlines will be contacting me or something like that once he has gone and put the puppies in my name and address with the airport.. here are the puppies that i will be reciving...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/bulldogpuppies.jpg
if all goes well there new names will be daisy (brown and white) and duke (all white) lol get it daisyduke haha

JediMindTricks
05-26-2009, 09:55 AM
WTF?!
you sure you want TWO puppies??
cause uhhhhh, i'll take one. lol

BrownTrout
05-26-2009, 10:03 AM
thanks for the info dude... prices must of dropped because i had emailed another lady about a different puppy and the shipping was the same amount.. it could be 250 after tax and what not.. also the guy had already told me i will be paying him zero dollars he told me the airlines will be contacting me or something like that once he has gone and put the puppies in my name and address with the airport.. here are the puppies that i will be reciving...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/bulldogpuppies.jpg
if all goes well there new names will be daisy (brown and white) and duke (all white) lol get it daisyduke haha

awesome. nice little pups.

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 10:42 AM
WTF?!
you sure you want TWO puppies??
cause uhhhhh, i'll take one. lol

lol gotta have 2 of these bad boys..there brother and sister and i didnt want to slpit them up... hopefully all goes well i cant wait to get them!

Fisherman57
05-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi Matt,

This is more than likely a scam......

My family has had bullies & pugs for years and I have never run across anyone LEGIT who'd give up a akc bully for so little.... here's some of the reasons why:

http://englishbulldogpuppys.net/BULLDOGPUPPYSCAMS.aspx

Google "Bulldog scams"...... you'll get pages full of them.

Your source may be ok, but if I were you..... I'd read up on bullies and you'll probably start to think otherwise..

Find a quality breeder in California, get references and investigate. Go see the dogs, NEVER buy a dog based on a few photos and e-mails...... when it comes to bulldog pups, if something sounds too good to be true........

good luck.

DarkShadow
05-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi Matt,

This is more than likely a scam......

My family has had bullies & pugs for years and I have never run across anyone LEGIT who'd give up a akc bully for so little.... here's some of the reasons why:

http://englishbulldogpuppys.net/BULLDOGPUPPYSCAMS.aspx

Google "Bulldog scams"...... you'll get pages full of them.

Your source may be ok, but if I were you..... I'd read up on bullies and you'll probably start to think otherwise..

Find a quality breeder in California, get references and investigate. Go see the dogs, NEVER buy a dog based on a few photos and e-mails...... when it comes to bulldog pups, if something sounds too good to be true........

good luck.

Dude, but it's $200!

sansou
05-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Sounds like an awesome deal Matt Duarte! Free bulldogs!!

Be sure to write us a report on how that turns out....:Wink:

Fisherman57
05-26-2009, 11:48 AM
You CAN however... get a REAL Bulldog diamond ring for two Benjamin's LOL!

http://tinyurl.com/otkx2p

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 11:51 AM
i know what you guys are saying, i know most of these dogs are going for 2000+ all the ads ive been looking at are on a adoption website.. i had already had another lady email me back about her female bulldog that she couldnt take care of anymore and all the was the cost was the shipping.. and the shipping payment doesnt even go to the seller.. trust me i am not going to be giving just anyone my money once contacted by the airport i will get a call back number or whatever to make sure its going to who its going to and not a faker..

we will see... the seller is going to the airport today to get the puppies registered in my name and address, and nearest airport for shipping

on another note... i would think if some one was gonna sacm someone with a fake puppy scam i would try and get at least 1000 plus the money wont even go to him it goes to the shipping cost

PHISHnutS
05-26-2009, 11:56 AM
If someone was going to give some puppies away, why would they need to go out of state? They could go stand in front of a local store and they would be gone in a few hours.

Why ship free puppies??

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 12:03 PM
heres the site i found them at
http://www.vast.com/pets/dog/location-Riverside--CA/price-100.400/keywords-english-bulldog/mranges-age:less-than-2-months

DarkShadow
05-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Sounds like an awesome deal Matt Duarte! Free bulldogs!!

Be sure to write us a report on how that turns out....:Wink:

Include pictures!

on another note... i would think if some one was gonna sacm someone with a fake puppy scam i would try and get at least 1000 plus the money wont even go to him it goes to the shipping cost

:ROFL:

Mr Duarte, if you send the person money before hand, and they don't ship you anything, are they really paying for shipping costs?

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Include pictures!

:ROFL:

Mr Duarte, if you send the person money before hand, and they don't ship you anything, are they really paying for shipping costs?

mr. DS i havent sent anyone any money... nor will i unless i have a legit confermation number from a legit source...

all i asked is a few simple questions on pick up..and it was anwsered nicley by brown trout.. than the 2 clowns of fnn...the lawyer and his shadow have to chime in with there smart comments...like always.... i understand your guys concern..i understand there are scams and scamers out there and i most defently know not to just send my money or card numbers over the phone or internet for that matter.. being a smart arse isnt a quality most people like funny or not..

wellbilldancesays
05-26-2009, 12:22 PM
If those deals are true how can these guys get away with these prices?

http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/sale/breedpage/2~1100057.aspx

I'd only give the cash if they were right in front of me.

Anyone can give you a call back number and answer it however they like.

Save yourself the cash and rescue a mutt! Mutt's make the best dogs and dont seem to have all the health issues.

Fisherman57
05-26-2009, 12:31 PM
mr. DS i havent sent anyone any money... nor will i unless i have a legit confermation number from a legit source...

all i asked is a few simple questions on pick up..and it was anwsered nicley by brown trout.. than the 2 clowns of fnn...the lawyer and his shadow have to chime in with there smart comments...like always.... i understand your guys concern..i understand there are scams and scamers out there and i most defently know not to just send my money or card numbers over the phone or internet for that matter.. being a smart arse isnt a quality most people like funny or not..

Relax Matt. I think some of it was all in good fun......
I posted to give you a heads up...

In hindsight, I should have just sent you a PM........ now if you'll excuse me, I need to go review the pot smoking thread again, because Im sure no one has said anything contraversial over there. :Rolls Eyes:

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 12:37 PM
nothing was directed towards you dana... im sure it was all in good fun scarcasim is hard to read online if people dont wirte it correctly..it just seems scarcasim gets streached a lil far with them.. i mean im not stupid i dont just send anyone money ill make sure everything is legit

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 12:44 PM
just a heads up i sent the seller a email (with a different email address...my wifes) askin if he still had the puppies..he mailed back that the puppies have been sold..one would think if it was a scam he would say they still had the puppies...

wellbilldancesays
05-26-2009, 01:08 PM
OR Matt he's good and has been around.

Since he already has a $400 deal in line just covering his bases.........

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 01:24 PM
lol i dout it...possible yes....but i dout it.. i posted a link to the web site i found the dogs at on the second page

wellbilldancesays
05-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Matt heres the thing if I was selling those puppies totally legit online, I would say that their still available until I was PAID for them and getting ready to send them. I mean if he really wants to get rid of them wouldnt he keeps his options open till their actually gone? Especially considering how flakey alot of people are on the internet.

Scams like these work because people are tricky and are always a step ahead of the sucker.

I'm not saying your a sucker. If you go through with it either one of two things will happen. 1. You'll get the puppies and have the deal of the century 2. You'll learn an expensive life lesson.

At this point I think all signs point to the latter.

Either way just trust your head and not your emotions and good luck!

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 02:03 PM
i know there are some tricky mofos out there, like i said above im not going to send any money to any shipping place or airport shipping till i know everything is confermed and legit..im keepin on my toes... im 99.9% sure this is all legit and a go.. but if so happenes the 1% rules out i just talked to another guy on the phone hat has puppies in LA area for 400$ each..and id be able to go pick those up..

trashetanush
05-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Ya, when they ship by airport, u gotta go pick them up. I bought my dog From NYC. We went and picked it up. Good luck with ur pups.

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 02:22 PM
thanks...how did you go about your payment options if you dont mind me asking? did you pay when you picked up your dog?

JediMindTricks
05-26-2009, 02:26 PM
jesus christ, leave the guy alone.
he's been warned. leave it at that.
he also already said he wouldn't give them any money, only the airline upon pick-up. if the dogs aren't there, no money is spent. no harm, no foul. My aunt just called me yesterday saying she knows of Boston Terriors that are being giving away for FREE, alls i have to do is pay shipping, which was 200 bucks. Shes part of a dog thing, to help give dogs a good home for whatever reason.

there are scammers, but there are legit places too.

Atlaua
05-26-2009, 02:31 PM
i know there are some tricky mofos out there, like i said above im not going to send any money to any shipping place or airport shipping till i know everything is confermed and legit..im keepin on my toes... im 99.9% sure this is all legit and a go.. but if so happenes the 1% rules out i just talked to another guy on the phone hat has puppies in LA area for 400$ each..and id be able to go pick those up..

If you're you dead-set on purchasing pure-breds, you might want to read up on reputable breeding. Puppy mills are a dime a dozen, and making a purchase without doing the proper research only promotes this inhumane practice....

http://www.ukcdogs.com

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 02:35 PM
If you're you dead-set on purchasing pure-breds, you might want to read up on reputable breeding. Puppy mills are a dime a dozen, and making a purchase without doing the proper research only promotes this inhumane practice....

http://www.ukcdogs.com

the puppies are akc registered

trashetanush
05-26-2009, 02:41 PM
thanks...how did you go about your payment options if you dont mind me asking? did you pay when you picked up your dog?

I Paid for it all first. The person we were buying from was very trust worthy. I cant find her website right now but ya. She has a Documentry by NGC on her dogs. After i paid she sent me an email and a phone call of when im gonna go pick up my pup. Also, at the time I only paid for the dogs. Not shipment, she took care of that. I Bought it from that women in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwYxRGV-kBc

Atlaua
05-26-2009, 02:41 PM
the puppies are akc registered

From the AKC's own website:

The sales pitch, "AKC registered" has been used repeatedly by the puppy mill/pet shop industry and has duped the public into believing that if a dog bares the AKC registered title, it must be of quality. The fact of the matter is that the American Kennel Club (AKC) is merely a registering body. "Papers" on a dog mean that the animal is certifiably purebred. It does not guarantee anything else. There are no requirements necessary in order for a dog to be registered other than having AKC-registered parents. Health, temperament, or where a dog came from, have no bearing on the matter.

http://clubs.akc.org/gpca/gpupmill.html

matt duarte
05-26-2009, 02:49 PM
ok this is BS im getting sick of all these know it alls telling me the same crap over and over again im not stupid im aware of everything everyone has said 10x over...drop it im the one in contact with the seller not you guys i just asked a simple question..thanks to those who have answered my questions...

trashetanush
05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
ok this is BS im getting sick of all these know it alls telling me the same crap over and over again im not stupid im aware of everything everyone has said 10x over...drop it im the one in contact with the seller not you guys i just asked a simple question..thanks to those who have answered my questions...

Go with ur instincts and buy it. Dont listen to anyone else.

wellbilldancesays
05-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry Matt not trying to rain on your parade.

It just irks me that people just feed off other people and if they put that effort into to something legit they probably do just as well.

I got my dog from Texas, but I flew on the plane with her. She went in cargo for like $150 but that was like three years ago. I think that is the only way to send a dog. I'm gonna ask my UPS guy if they ship them.

saintarv
05-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Bump.........Let us know the status. Those are nice dogs. :LOL:

GeordyBass
05-27-2009, 07:06 PM
LOL all the warnings are cracking me up,,,

Good luck on the pups!

I want a puppy like wingnut's!hahahaha,,,

TRDEXPERT
06-01-2009, 09:04 AM
So what happened with the pups?

It was too good to be truth!

saintarv
06-01-2009, 09:09 AM
So what happened with the pups?

It was too good to be truth!

They're still waiting to be shipped....:LOL:

matt duarte
06-01-2009, 10:11 AM
They're still waiting to be shipped....:LOL:

lol according to the "owner" they have been waiting at the airport shipping "agency" for 4 days waiting for me to send the payment lol.. the guy couldnt give me any of the legit info i was asking for.. i told you foolios i wasnt gonna send this douch and money...so i dont see why all the lame joke as if i did...

on another note i found a breeder from a friend, his buddys parents breed them and if my buddy and i buy one will get them for 6-700 each...

but i got to say my kid fell in love with this lil beagle puppy so were proly going to look in to that, there in corona so i might go down and see...always nice to suprise the lil ones

Atlaua
06-01-2009, 10:49 AM
.. i told you foolios i wasnt gonna send this douch and money...so i dont see why all the lame joke as if i did...

... im 99.9% sure this is all legit and a go..

I guess you can kiss your career as an odds-maker goodbye....

matt duarte
06-01-2009, 11:03 AM
another fnn smart arse

Headhunter
06-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I was dead-set on getting a purebred Doxie or Bassett. I was going to get one from a local breeder.

However, my son went to the animal shelter one day, and found this big, sloppy, goofy, useless mutt. Or so I thought. He fell in love with it. And he convinced us to adopt it. We did.

As it turns out, the mutt is a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and the entire family has fallen deeply in love with this dog. It was a breed I knew nothing about. "Meat with Feet", I call her. What a wonderful animal.

So, the message here is, give some thought to the possibilty of giving a home to a pet from the Animal Shelter. There are some WONDERFUL relationships to be had there. I know what it is like to WANT a particular breed, because I've had purebreds before, but I'm over that now. Because I now have a lifelong, loyal friend who bites my nose playfully, terrorizes my cats, sleeps on the end of my bed, is very protective of me, craps where she is supposed to (MOST of the time...) and is as much a part of my family as ANY other member.

Food for thought..... :)

HH

matt duarte
06-01-2009, 11:18 AM
ya ive checked the animals shelters..they have a lot of those taco bell dogs lol.. i dont want a real small dog...my brother inlaws girlfriend has this dog thats full grown and fits in the palm of your hand... anyway i was playin with it and it fell off them bed and got knocked out cold! scared the hell out of us...so small dogs are out if the question

im going to go check out these beagles today

Nu_AbGatr
06-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi, I adopted a GSD (German Shepherd Dog) mix at the local animal shelter several years ago. Can't get a better dog than this guy, house trained, well behaved, intelligent and very loyal. Give them a try. If you want to see what animals they have available, check out their website. It won't hurt.

PS: yeah, there's a lot of Taco Bell dogs, but there's also a lot of other breeds too,

Thanks,
Nu_abg

saintarv
06-01-2009, 11:41 AM
on another note i found a breeder from a friend, his buddys parents breed them and if my buddy and i buy one will get them for 6-700 each...

Hey Matt do they have anymore? Bulldogs are like my dream dogs but I never gotten one cause they're so damn expensive. Especially quality ones with lots of wrinkles and an ugly face only mother can love. For that price I may be interested in picking one up.

Troutman65
06-01-2009, 11:45 AM
I just got done reading this whole thread. Matt, You get a puppie yet? Please post the pics.:Big Grin::Wink:

BrownTrout
06-01-2009, 03:54 PM
matt, according to this website, there are almost 300,000 animals in need of adoption. and there are many of each breed you are looking for. i used my area code in the search but this give you a pretty good idea of what is out there.

beagles

http://www.petfinder.com/search/search.cgi?pet.Animal=Dog&pet.Breed=beagle&pet.Age=&pet.Size=&pet.Sex=&location=92821

bulldogs

http://www.petfinder.com/search/search.cgi?pet.Animal=Dog&pet.Breed=bulldog&pet.Age=&pet.Size=&pet.Sex=&location=92821

matt duarte
06-01-2009, 08:00 PM
ok well hes not a bulldog but i fell in love with him and had to have him...

hes a purebread beagle and has a awesome personality...his name is duke..and he like to do summersalts lol

car ride after picking duke up
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/duke.jpg

luvin the car ride back from petsmart
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/dukesleepin.jpg

Fisherman57
06-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Great lookin' dawg! Congrats Matt!

Troutman65
06-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Nice looking doggie. I am sure your family will have lots of fun with your new pet.:Cool:

matt duarte
06-01-2009, 08:13 PM
thanks guys! so far hes a awesome pup! luvs the car, hes not afraid of water, already knows where his bed is, i cant wait to take him to the lake!