PDA

View Full Version : Tony Reyes 5-17 to 5-22

mstr fish
05-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Finally made the trip. Met up at a friends house Sat. morning to pack up and wait for some of the group. We hit the road @ 6am off towards the boarder. Stopped and got some grub as well as insurance before we crossed. The drive down was smooth except for the dirt road you have to take since they are working on the main road. It was quit an experiance to see the checkpoint with the kids holding automatic weapons along with crosses along the road. We arrived in San Felipe around 12:30ish and headed straight for the boat to unload gear before we went into town. I must admit I was a bit hesatite to leave my gear but relized that everyone else was doing so. Tryed to get a room at El Cortez but they were full. They had some 50th celebration going on so we ended up finding a room at the Azul. Unloaded our stuff there and we were off to find some grub and pick up some trinkets for the family. The people there were very friendly. Woke up Sun. morning and had breakfast with our group and then picked up some last minute items. Headed for the boat and loaded. We headed out around 11am. Mon morning we unloaded the pangas and tryed to make bait. Made a little and it was like that for the duration of the trip. The fishing was unbeliveable we limited on Cabrilla with my biggest going 15.8 . Those things can fight. I also caught Sheephead,1 Golden Cabrilla, Spotted Bay Bass, Yellowtail, Trigger fish, White fish, Pargo and some other weird looking fish. My friends also caught eel, octopus, sand shark, and some other type of shark as well. Monday morning was pretty slow but the rest of the week was steady. Tuesday we slayed. My camera broke so I am waiting for my friend to send some pics so I can show. I do have a couple but he has the better ones. I was totaly thrown off guard by the boat and crew. I was not expecting much. They exceded my expectations by far and were very friendly. They boat was very clean including the bathrooms. The food was great (Never went hungry). The rooms have new ac units as well as a dresser to store stuff. Our panga driver was Gilberto. He was a hard working dude and worth more than I am sure he is paid. The captian even helped on the deck cleaning fish etc. which I thought was impressive. I really was comfortable on that boat and would not hesitate to recomend or go again. Even if we only caught 1/3 of the fish we caught I still would go. I made new friends got to spend some time with the ones I have and the view of the islands were amazing. Well worth the 1000.00 bucks. Thanks for reading and thanks again to all those who sent me advise for this trip...........................fish

Ifishtoolittle
05-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Sounds like an great trip WTG one the fish! Get those pics in soon LOL!

FISH_HUNTER
05-25-2009, 10:48 PM
I've always wanted to do a Reyes trip! Lucky! Get those pics up!!! :LOL:

sansou
05-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Can't wait to see the fish pics....I've been flirting with the idea to go on one of Reyes trips for a while. Sounds like you guys had good weather and good fishing. Excelente!

So much Baja....so little time.

FISHINGBEE
05-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Glad to see you had a blast. Seems as a few things have changed since i went. Any big grouper? Hope my advice helped out. Although things have changed for the better. Boat never had rooms or Ac when i went. Cabrilla are a blast and great to eat. Sounds like a great time on the bigger and smaller species. Towards aug and sept exotics start picking up.

FISHINGBEE

mstr fish
05-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Glad to see you had a blast. Seems as a few things have changed since i went. Any big grouper? Hope my advice helped out. Although things have changed for the better. Boat never had rooms or Ac when i went. Cabrilla are a blast and great to eat. Sounds like a great time on the bigger and smaller species. Towards aug and sept exotics start picking up.

FISHINGBEE

Your advice was priceless. Thank you again for your help. My friend caught one grouper arounnd 15-20lbs on the last day. Released Tony only allows 25 and up which I understand. Still waiting for the pics from my friend. Damn him hurry up already. LOL........................fish

FISHINGBEE
05-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Your advice was priceless. Thank you again for your help. My friend caught one grouper arounnd 15-20lbs on the last day. Released Tony only allows 25 and up which I understand. Still waiting for the pics from my friend. Damn him hurry up already. LOL........................fish Yah thanks man. Maybe grouper is later in the year or something. We caught ton small 2 to 5lb groupers in close to the rocks on jerk baits. Great job though later.

FISHINGBEE