PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Sierras - easy access fishing?

tim
05-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Can anyone give recommendations on spots that offer easy access to stream fishing in Lone Pine, Independence and Bishop? it doesn't have to be handicapped access, but my dad uses a cane and he can't hike down steep banks or walk on rocks. So we're looking for spots in the Eastern Sierras where you can pretty much park and walk to the water on a flat surface. I know that most of the territory is pretty rugged, but I'm hoping that some campgrounds might offer day sites and easy access to the water.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

craznazn
05-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Rock Creek Lake and Intake II have fairly easy access.

BishopTrouter
05-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I know you mentioned that you don't need handicap access but just an FYI Diaz Lake in Lone pine, the buckley ponds east of bishop, Intake 2 and Convict lake all have fishing piers they built for easy access... I also found that Diaz is an all around easy lake to fish and the fishing was quite good! last time i tried drop shotting for some bass and ended up with 6 'bows..

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/BishopTrouter/fish/Picture415.jpg

Intake 2 and North Lake are also very accessible and offer good fishing most of the time. The sand traps in the southern Inyo areas deserve a stop too with most of them lookin something like this..
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/BishopTrouter/fish/Picture114.jpg

Crawler
05-25-2009, 07:26 PM
There are pretty nice spots below sabrina and south lake out of bishop that offer *real* easy access. The only campground out of bishop that I can comment on, Four Jefferys, has relatively easy creek access in the "lower" (streamside) campsites, most of them however, have a semi-steep access point between the car and the actual campsite.

I just remembered that the Silver Lake campground just below Silver Lake on the June Lake loop, have very nice stream access too.

Have fun. :Cool:

jim532
05-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Owens river at the highway 6 bridge, go up stream from the bridge where there's less people. just follow the foot path, you can park and walk just a few feet or go as far as he wants to go till he doesn't feel like walking anymore.