PDA

View Full Version : flathead fishing during the day

team760
05-25-2009, 04:04 PM
chad/ mangles and I headed out for some day time flatheads... on sunday we fished for about 3 hours....started out at one of many bait spots and within 1/2 an hour we had about 35 gills for bait...we fished along the Alamo river....chad cnred a 5 pound flat, and lost another towards the shore..we both had around 6 good runs that didn't pan out.
On Monday we fished for about 4 to 5 hours...we again hit up our bait spots then settled in on the alamo river....About 45 minutes into it I had a monster run...it un spooled around 50 yards of line before i could get from the chair to the pole..unfortunately it spit the hook...I had a 6 inch gill on for bait (which was thrashed when i got it to shore...Chad managed to get another 5 +/- pound flat..we both had numerous runs....which lets us know the flats are on the bite......overall it was a good time, even though there was only a couple of flats caught.....Thanks Chad and your girlfriend for the company......TODD

fullstringer
05-25-2009, 09:25 PM
great job,hey Chad I got most of the dent out LOL.

Joe

occschemguy
05-25-2009, 09:53 PM
thanks for the report sounds like u had fun, cant wait till i get out there

bluehunter
05-26-2009, 06:10 AM
Good going out there. I wish I was out there with you all. Flathead seasons in full affect.

B

chrislxf
05-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Good job Todd.
I knew it, I should have gone out w/ you guys that day. Next time, I will make sure I cancel everything else and make time to go out there again.

Chris

Nightstalker 424
05-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the report. Starting to feel a little sick...cough cough...may not be able to work this week!!

crappie stalker
05-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Sounds like you have got them dialed in.. I have to get out there and try them out.. Whole lot of area to try out.. But I am game!!LOL

Crappie (CAT) Stalker