PDA

View Full Version : Convict Lake 5/19-5/23

Fishmaster B
05-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Hit up Convict for a few days with a buddy. When we go got there we heard the fishing was really slow. We had about two hours to fish the first day so we took our casting poles to the lake and managed about 10 between us with a 2 and a 3+ pounder. Not bad. Every day we were there we caught plenty of fish. We caught fish on bait, on lures, and trolling. We targeted browns for a while and managed about a dozen between the two of us. the quality of fish were good and we didnt think it was slow at all, just had to work a little bit to find em and be willing to change up what you were doing all the time until you found em. Great trip, dealt with a couple thunderstorms, so the bar came in handy with their fresh squeezed bird dogs. Hopefully my friend will get me a couple pics to post. Easily caught 100 fish between us.

King Halibut
05-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Fishmaster B,

Dude, really?
My brothers and I were there all last week and struggled to find fish. The first three days we were there managed no more than ten fish between the three of us. Really, really slow. We spoke to a ton of fishermen while we were there and ALL of them were of the same opinion.

You must be one hell of a fishermen and caught them all because the rest of us struggled terribly.
We actually found better fishing in the stream running out of the lake along the campground.
We didn't pick up any numbers until Thursday and Friday when the stocking truck planted the lake.
I was very disappointed as my brothers were there last year and spoke of epic fishing as you did this year.
Again, I don't know what you used or what you did, but you're the man if you caught as many fish as you say.
I would bet we spoke to two dozen fishermen that had the same luck or lack of luck as we did. We fished everything, PB, PW's eggs, crawlers (did great in the stream), lures, you name it. Finally caught fish end of the week using yellow glitter PB.
Weather sucked, wind and rain off and on most of the week. Literally got blown off the lake after 2 or 3 pm every day.

Good For You,

KH

Fishmaster B
05-26-2009, 11:22 AM
We stuck it out through the wind and rain. Trolling when its gnarly like that can be very good. Ive been fishing convict for more than 25 years. And it was a bit hard fishing until we realized what was happening. PM me if you want some details, and remember you gotta fish hard when the bite is not on fire. Keep changing what you are doing, if you play the bait and wait game its gonna be a long day sometimes.