PDA

View Full Version : Sadly D.V.L. & No Striper at Skinner

RamboBoy
05-24-2009, 04:57 PM
What is up, Team57 guys?

Today, I went to the Jewel Lake (D.V.L.) At 5:00 a.m. and I was in 2nd line car. I looked in the sky and fog is beautiful day. The Barometric pressure was perfect “falling.” The gate was opened at 6:00 a.m. and I applied for a rental boat, but they said, “no boat.” WTF! No Boat! I don’t know why, maybe somebody reserved the boat or it had to stop the rental boats anymore. I don’t know, man.

But I found out the web site http://www.inlandsocal.com/business/content/tourism_hospitality/stories/PE_News_Local_S_lake10.47f416c.html and heard a staff guy from the skinner he said the D.V.L. will shut down business in August 2009. That is sad, man! That is Economy, man!

So I decided to the heading to the Skinner Lake and rent a cheaper rental boat then D.V.L.’s rate boat. I headed to Inlet & buoy line for stripers. NO LOVE STRIPER! I see some boaters have not catch any stripers, guess what NO STRIPER IN THE SKINNER! LOL! And I took picture of dead catfish, LOL.

Then I headed to Dodo’s hole spot for the large mouth bass where Dr. MindBendo was fished a hole spot, but no love l.m.b, man. What is a skunk day for me, man? LMAO!

Here are some picture shots.

contextminded
05-24-2009, 05:16 PM
sorry to hear about the skunk at skinner. I was also at skinner today. Fished the inlet for 6 hours and didn't get one bite.

RamboBoy
05-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I try to go different spots where the stripers at, but no stripers in Skinner!

It is okay to be skunk, man. It is the game fishing!

RamboBoy
05-24-2009, 05:33 PM
I forgot to add to say. I passed from launch ramp 1 to west cove area, I saw two big stripers swim in shallow by the shoreline and I stopped the boat motor, then I casting the KPN lure, but stripers swim away, dawg, man.

dodoman
05-24-2009, 07:39 PM
rambo, sorry to here about the DODO hole.
its not ready yet, until july.
i,ll p.m. you details.

THROWBACK RANGER
05-24-2009, 08:10 PM
SENG90806 ALREADY CAUGHT ALL THE STRIPERS AT SKINNER!! lol

Bluegill
05-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I try to go different spots where the stripers at, but no stripers in Skinner!

It is okay to be skunk, man. It is the game fishing!

Sorry to hear about your skunkooooo:Sad: We left the lake by noon with our limit of 20 striper. Most of the fish were 4-8lbs forgot my camera that why I didn't post. We fish just east of the inlet and back toward the marina later in the day.

Bluegill

RamboBoy
05-24-2009, 11:01 PM
SENG90806 ALREADY CAUGHT ALL THE STRIPERS AT SKINNER!! lol

LOL! You are too funny to say that

Other people already caught all the stripers, lol

RamboBoy
05-24-2009, 11:03 PM
rambo, sorry to here about the DODO hole.
its not ready yet, until july.
i,ll p.m. you details.

A'ight! maybe l.m.b is still biting I should have to move around different spots

RamboBoy
05-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your skunkooooo:Sad: We left the lake by noon with our limit of 20 striper. Most of the fish were 4-8lbs forgot my camera that why I didn't post. We fish just east of the inlet and back toward the marina later in the day.

Bluegill

Did you fished at skinner today? I didn't see ya.

Otherwise I try to fished bluegill or crappies, nothing catch, man.

Bluegill
05-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Did you fished at skinner today? I didn't see ya.

Otherwise I try to fished bluegill or crappies, nothing catch, man.

I was in the tan and brown ranger. We did see a bunch of bluegill at the far eastside of lake. Didn't have the right bait for the gill, so we didn't wanted to waste our time trying to catch them. Maybe once the striper action slow we can just focus mainly on catching the bluegill. Thank for the PM.

Bluegill..,

RamboBoy
05-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Okay next time if I see your boat I will greet ya and your homies. PM me where the far eastside of lake. I talked to Skinner staff and he said bluegills and crappies are not biting yet .. kind of slow

you are welcome that I PM

RamboBoy
05-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Hey guys, I checked the DVL forum here. I found the guys did rent a boat and caught the monster catfish. They released all of the catfish. Good job to them.

I think the people already called to the office and reserved a rental boat. That is why they said "no boat" to me.

Next time I probably had to call them to reserve a rental boat before the day.

Just wanna to let ya know that I found out.