PDA

View Full Version : School trip report

pasadenafishin
05-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I had my school trip all last week. We launched right under the hoover dam and rafted to willow beach. I have to say, this was the most beautiful place that i have every been. It was 100 degrees out but that water was freezing.
visibality: like 25 feet it was very clear, you could see fish everywhere.

Ok the fishing report.
I fished every chance i could get. I had one rod with mackeral and another rod with a thomas buoyant. It was so hard to fish with lures because of the current the lure would get swept down every cast. On the first day i hooked up with some kind of bass, but it jumed and spat the hook 10 feet from shore. No more fish until day 4. On day 4 i was tossing my TB when i see a fish in the water. I keep casting at it but no go. This fish got closer to me. It was about 5 feet from me so i went bear grillz and dove it..... I caught this sucker fish with my bare hands. I wrestled with it for a few seconds and pulled it up, i would say 5 lbs. I let this fish go seconds after catching it... Sadly i didnt get any more fish during the rest of the trip.

I would like to thank everyone who gave me colorado river tips!!
thanks, PF

BingJr
05-24-2009, 05:14 PM
That is one hell of an accomplishment! Great Job. That is one youll remember for a lifetime!

Astrolux
05-24-2009, 10:41 PM
hahaha AWESOME!!!!!!!

BIGRED KILLA
05-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Very nice fish i would have done the same but what is it looks like a freak carp or a sqaw fish.

Bigred

occschemguy
05-25-2009, 12:54 AM
thats kool, freaky looking fish.

olefrog
05-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Ya better get a new River guide .
The fish is a Razorback Sucker a protected native fish .
Nice picture , released unharmed.
You did the right thing.
ta ta ole frog

RamboBoy
05-25-2009, 06:58 AM
LOL LOL LOL good job you dove and catch a sucker catfish with your hand, man.

I think it is illegal to do that. Must catch by pole and hook. But If a guide man said legal. That would be a cool to catch it with your hand, bring it to home for dinner, lol.

pasadenafishin
05-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Ya better get a new River guide .
The fish is a Razorback Sucker a protected native fish .
Nice picture , released unharmed.
You did the right thing.
ta ta ole frog

oh my bad, i know ignorance isnt a good defence so i am sorry, but the fish was literally released 5 seconds after catching it

deanhall32
05-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Nice report on a trip that sounded like alot of fun!!! Thanks kid