PDA

View Full Version : Sarl????????????

fishingdude213
05-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Any reccomendations or tips for catfish or trout there? Thinking of going there tomorrow.

Troutslayer620
05-24-2009, 05:37 PM
TIP, Don't go there for Trout, the water is too hot and the trout are dying. Heard the Kitties are slow there right now. I would stick to Irvine lake until the monster kitties are stocked at SARL, don't waste your money, that is why there have been no current reports here on the lake.

calico killer kevin
05-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Don't know if it's too late, but don't go. Fishing has been very slow as SARL is inbetween cat and trout season. Wait maybe a month or so.

saintarv
05-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Don't know if it's too late, but don't go. Fishing has been very slow as SARL is inbetween cat and trout season. Wait maybe a month or so.

Just wait til they announce catfish season. It may be within a couple weeks.

BingJr
05-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Much like trout season, Cat season just gets better as the stocking continue. I personally enjoy the Cat season much more so than the trout, but the key is don't rush it. Spend your $ when its good.

DocHolliday
05-26-2009, 02:54 PM
I agree, dont waste your money right now. I was there friday and you could literally catch the trout with a net they were just dying and swimming close to shore. Tried for catfish because they said they just stocked but nothing, tried mack, crawlers, shrimp all in garlic. Nadda, i didnt even post a report it was so bad.

troutdog
05-26-2009, 03:17 PM
I would chase the dfg truck at your local city park until Sarl gets a few more stockings under their belt.

Good luck!

TD