PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Stained Water???

familyguy15
05-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Been fishing a couple local ponds for the last couple weeks with minimal luck. The water is stained a dark green color. Know there is fish in there because Ive caught a couple nice size largemouth from them, but lately been having some trouble. Been throwing mostly plastics in roboworm mutilator, oxblood and aarons magic color, along with a rattle traps and anything flashy. Anyone have any ideas how to go about fishing and what to use. any help would be greatly appreciated!!! FG 15

Socal Bassman
05-24-2009, 04:46 PM
The key to fishing stained water is to use bulky baits, which displaces a lot of water. This is not the place for the 4.5"-6" worms. Try using the 7" Robos in the colors you mentioned. Warmouth is also another good color to try in stained water. My favorites, however, are 5" senko's flylined and a Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver 4.2 on a shaky head.

If the fish are aggressive, I'll also throw a 1/2oz chartreuse and white tandem spinnerbait. Silver colorado with a gold willow leaf has worked well for me. If the water is heavily stained, I'll go with a oklahoma or colorado blade slow rolled along the bottom.

Rob D
05-24-2009, 05:07 PM
try texas rigging brushhogs or some other type of creature baits that displace alot of water like socal said. Also use a glass bead and tungston bullet weight.

bassassassin
05-24-2009, 11:05 PM
try texas rigging brushhogs or some other type of creature baits that displace alot of water like socal said. Also use a glass bead and tungston bullet weight.

definatly the texas rig with a creature bait, try a fly lined white fluke or a big black jig with a big chunky trailer