PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 day on the Mission Belle

EastCoaster
05-24-2009, 09:46 AM
So went on the Mission Belle yesterday on another trip. This one was not like the last one I went on. I guess the guy that got the charter together wanted nothing but yellowtail and thats what he told the capt so needless to say we chased fish all day. No one hit limits, and out of 25 angles we had many that got the skunk, including my brother in law (LoL) So for me- 1 cuda on a doraodo Tady C, 2 Ling Cods both missed legal by 1 inch (I was pissed) and 2 Bass in the 4-5lbs range. The Capt and the crew were awsome once again, I am kinda blaming the crappy day on the guy in charge of the private charter. We saw a bunch of yellowtail, but none wanted to play. Oh and my new Tourium was freaking awsome and performed like I knew it would... I will post pics later today

flopps1
05-24-2009, 04:13 PM
That comes with fishing....No doubt the Mission Belle put in the effort. The yellows are up and down right now. Mostly down, though. So, it's a hit or miss. Considering what has been happening out there, I would of suggested a shot at the yellows and then loading up on some other speices if the yellows didn't wanna play. Captain's gonna do whatever the chartermaster request.

Just one of those trips.......Either way, your out there and that's what counts!

EastCoaster
05-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Thats what I would of done also. If they are there, ok, but seriously we spent about an hour just coasting around the islands looking for yellowtail... But you are right, I was out there

JapanRon
05-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi EastCoaster,

Guess it's a trip chalked up to payin' yer dues !! Better luck next time ... private charter ?? Not being critical ... in any way ..... but..... so you knew nothing of the chartermaster and more than likely some of the others (his group) signed on ?? Were you a stowaway ?? Just kidding.

Musta been one of those minimum so many to charter and then the boat has the option to put 'their' anglers on board to a given load limit. Interested to know.

Thanks,

JapanRon

EastCoaster
05-24-2009, 07:51 PM
No it wasnt like that at all. I wasnt invited, because it was all UPS people, but when it came time a few dropped out so my bro in law told him he could find people. So he paid for me and I shouldnt complain because it was a free trip. There were 25 anglers and they were all part of the private charter. And from what the capt told me that it was the chartermaster aka the guy from UPS that said he wanted yellowtail, so we chased fish all day... I felt bad for some of the people who didnt catch anything because that was a very expensive boat ride...

tbone
05-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Man were you guys one of those boats that had 11 boats around the islands yesterday. I was on the Point Loma boat and we counted a total of 11 boats in one spot trying to land some yellow. At least our captain told us were are not going to join that party we are going to stay to the outside and start filling some bags with Rockfish, Calico, and some White fish. He also wanted some of us to use some jigs to see if we can find some Yellow and some other people were freeline fishing for the yellow. But he was right at the time to not join that party and try to land some yellow when in fact nobody was landing them.

The report that was coming in was one yellow was hooked but never landed and thats when everybody hit that spot. But oh well anyday of fishing is a good day.

BIGRED KILLA
05-24-2009, 10:59 PM
So went on the Mission Belle yesterday on another trip. This one was not like the last one I went on. I guess the guy that got the charter together wanted nothing but yellowtail and thats what he told the capt so needless to say we chased fish all day. No one hit limits, and out of 25 angles we had many that got the skunk, including my brother in law (LoL) So for me- 1 cuda on a doraodo Tady C, 2 Ling Cods both missed legal by 1 inch (I was pissed) and 2 Bass in the 4-5lbs range. The Capt and the crew were awsome once again, I am kinda blaming the crappy day on the guy in charge of the private charter. We saw a bunch of yellowtail, but none wanted to play. Oh and my new Tourium was freaking awsome and performed like I knew it would... I will post pics later today

Not cool man if you landed the tails you would have been stoked for me i would rather chase the tails and get the skunk and atleast tryed to get a shot at em since there not here all the time then be putting around for the allways bass and no fight rockfish.

Bigred