PDA

View Full Version : my La mirada lake rant

occschemguy
05-23-2009, 11:52 PM
so any ways i put new lines on my duaghters poles and got new gear for them this week knowing that La Mirada was being stocked fri with cat and i was hoping to get them on some decent cats.

so friday i leave work early pick up the kids from school get our gear and head for La mirada lake we get there b4 5pm and there was already alot of people there so i took a spot half way down the lake that was open and everyone said the truck hadnt beeen there so we fished for a couple hours and not a bite , so we were getting reaady to leave and the truck shows at 730pm (wtf?), he drives around a bit and as hes driving past us i asked how much he had and he turns the truck around and parks right next to us gets out and hands me his clip bourd and says 300 pounds, and procedes to get ready to dump the fish, then he says he needed me to sign b4 he can dump, i told him i didnt work there and he said he looked for any park employes or anyone from the city but they were gone so he needed just some one to sin so i did, he then dumped what looked like prob 150 little cats that if legal were barely,they were the smallest dfg stock i had ever seen, in the next 30 minutes a couple guys around the lake cought a few but we stayed till 10pm and no more were to be cought so we callled it a night.

THE GOOD PART: we went back at noon today and all day nothing for us but on black guy across the lake cought several (i didnt see a license) another black catty corner from us cought 4 or 5 and again he didnt display a license the lake was packed asains, hispanics, blacks and only three white guys, so about 6pm roll around and a police car with a male cop i belive hes pacific islander but my wife says mexican in the passanger seat and a female hispanic cop driving he stops and talks to talk to one white guy and then drives past several other fishermen two asian dudes with 4 poles and no licenses and another hispanic guy thet didnt have his license on and had three pole in the water and drives up to me i have my license pined to my shirt in plan view and yells at me where is your license i said thats what this is and he then says u can have only one pole i then showed him my extra rod stamp, he then says what about the other three poles i said two where my daughters and the other is for when i switch out poles, he then says that it was obsesive and i cant carry more poles then i was licensed for, i basicly told him the law did not say that and to tell me where i could find thatin the law and he said he will take out hes ticket book and cite me for it and then i would know( obviusly he didnt even know what he was talking about , hedidnt even know what the license looked ike, i then asked why doesnt he go jack up the other guys that have fish and no license and espicialy the guy across the lake i belived was over limit and he said if he saw me with more poles then licensed for aqgain he would cite me and drove down the way passing 3 hispanic guys next to me ech having 2 pole s but no second rod stamp and past an asian dude and his girlfriend again no license displayed and then he jams another white guy (wtf? ) he only jamed all the white guys then leaves so i call the la mirada sub station for the sheriffs office and they said they didnt know of any females male partner cars on duty so they had me call the norwalk sheriffs that again said they had no male female partner cars on duty and suggested it was a la county park police car and they put me on hold for a long time and came back on and said they claimed they had no cars at that park today but she said to call them back bcos she belived it was them but when thay asked who had been to the park on the radio no one would fess up, so any we cont to fish till after 9pm and no one came back around 8pm we cought on cat and ya barely 16 inchs maybe ,i wont be going to la mirada soon and ill be calling the dfg monday, anyone get jammed byt his guy and he doesnt know what hes talking about get his name and make a complaint.

smokinflies
05-24-2009, 03:17 AM
dude that's sucks that the officer singled you out to harass when you were clearly displaying your license. maybe it's time to carry a DFG regulation book in your tacklebox and break it out when an officer walks up to you and questions you.

most of the officers that patrol the legg lake know the DFG laws, because the locals depend on them to protect the lake from wrongdoing.

HelloBendo420
05-24-2009, 10:01 AM
so u had five poles out and caught one fish. . maybe u should switch it up

Mister Twister
05-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Sounds like another day at any local park lake.Sucks being singled out like that.Saturday nights is when the poachers show up, they are not local,they drove a ways to get there and they keep over limits and leave trash,make a mess with bloody bait. After a few stocks LM can be decent,MACK or chovie

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-24-2009, 01:15 PM
i am pacific islander and i feel offended. J/k bro. that sucks. post sounds racist but still sucks..try cerrittos park much better qualty fish and more relaxing and less cops. i can't promise there won't be all the other tainted races there":ROFL: don't worry brother i'll sound the alarm to start the "RACE WAR":Smack:

occschemguy
05-24-2009, 01:30 PM
im not racist i hope it didnt come off that way i was just trying to point out how the cop was singleing out the white guys.

fish4keep
05-24-2009, 02:14 PM
im not racist i hope it didnt come off that way i was just trying to point out how the cop was singleing out the white guys.

I don't care if you're a racist or not but this is just funny: "the lake was packed asains, hispanics, blacks and ONLY three white guys"...........

That's why its good to know the rules and regs. Not a hater but, he could site everyone there at night for fishing after dark, it's posted..............

occschemguy
05-24-2009, 05:10 PM
ya but they didnt come after dark they came by at like 6 pm

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-24-2009, 05:37 PM
didn't mean your a racist it's a pc world..poltitcal corretion..i said try cerrittos park. trus..

occschemguy
05-25-2009, 12:39 AM
didn't mean your a racist it's a pc world..poltitcal corretion..i said try cerrittos park. trus..

ill give it a shot i have no prob at laguna just a wierd day at lamirada couldnt catch crap and the cop was an a hole i even went to laguna tonight for about an hour and a half and picked up one.

Stay Bent
05-25-2009, 01:25 AM
How dare they single out the white law abiding citizens and pass up the other obviously guilty ethnics! :Angry::ROFL:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-25-2009, 01:29 AM
segragate the skunked from the untainted???

JediMindTricks
05-25-2009, 07:38 AM
sucky. what did you use for bait?

p.s.
try paragraphs or something.
almost didn't even want to read that.

occschemguy
05-25-2009, 12:36 PM
we tried shrimp, makeral, hot dog, power bait blood dough ,fish dough, you name it, it just seemed fish were only cought in a couple spots so they must have been grouped up there.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-25-2009, 01:01 PM
try cutting a small sponge big enough for trebble hook and get garlic scent for trout. douse it with sponge. bait and wait remmy..

Mister Twister
05-25-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't care if you're a racist or not but this is just funny: "the lake was packed asains, hispanics, blacks and ONLY three white guys"...........

That's why its good to know the rules and regs. Not a hater but, he could site everyone there at night for fishing after dark, it's posted..............
The cop went after the white guys, knowing that would send a message to the poachers.Lazy cop taking a cruise through park.Notice only the whites were hassled.Read the report,ever hear of reverse discrimination.I live right down the street,Don't like it go some where else, tired of picking up your trash,thank you very much.

occschemguy
05-25-2009, 02:28 PM
The cop went after the white guys, knowing that would send a message to the poachers.Lazy cop taking a cruise through park.Notice only the whites were hassled.Read the report,ever hear of reverse discrimination.I live right down the street,Don't like it go some where else, tired of picking up your trash,thank you very much.

i dont leave trash, i pick it up, thank you

fish4keep
05-25-2009, 03:28 PM

What message is it sending to the poachers??? Nothing!!!!!! Go read the report. "NO" citation was given out. A citation would've send the poachers, if any, running. I don't know about you but I would rather have a cop cruising through my local park. At least their presence would keep the thugs out. And what the hell is "reverse discrimination"??? Discrimination is discrimination or is it because you think that it should only go one way?????

Mister Twister
05-26-2009, 09:49 PM
i dont leave trash, i pick it up, thank youI was joking with you guys,good luck out there.Take it easy out there,it could be worse:EyePop:I come from a long line of Albinos,from the Dark Forest in Germany.You don't know discrimination.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-26-2009, 09:56 PM
whites fishing hole:Fishing Hole:/colored fishing hole:Death2Above::Dead Horse::Smack::Cold Fishing:pacific islanders unite....J/K LOL..OC i hope you and yours catch a big fish cause you deserve it bro...

fongster
05-27-2009, 12:55 AM
You should be calling DFG's Cal-Tip number 1 888 DFG-CALTIP (888 334-2258) to report violations. I've seen plenty of white guys (if we're using labels here, lol) w/o licenses, too.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-03-2009, 09:01 PM
ANOTHER DAY WITH THE LEGGULARS.lol