PDA

View Full Version : How to - Camcorder mounted in my boat?

holymolar
05-23-2009, 09:52 PM
I want to get a camcorder and mount it on my basstracker boat to record some of my solo fishing. I don't know where to start. Which camcorder would stand up to the moisture? How to mount it on my boat, etc? I don't have a camcorder yet, but I'm ready to invest in the right one and the necessary accessories for the job. Cost is not a big issue but I'm not interested in high end stuff for professionals either. Just something relatively easy to assemble and use, practical, fun, and mainly for my own pleasure. I can just imagine letting the camcorder run for hours while I'm fishing and later editing and saving the good stuff.

Sometimes I get frustrated trying to take delayed single shot photos of fish, with me in the shot. It's difficult and, even when it works out, it only captures a single moment that is usually several minutes after the excitement of the event. Videos would be so much better. Who among us wouldn't cherish a video of himself catching that lunker?

Anybody have experience or knowledge about this camcorder idea? Or maybe where I can begin my research?

Nessie Hunter
05-24-2009, 07:28 AM
Send ATFISHING (Angel) a PM, he has one on his Float Tube, cool as heck...