PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Tuff's Campground 5/21

Granny Fish
05-23-2009, 08:30 AM
We left the house early Friday morning to spend the long weekend with Stickfighter in Reno. Knowing Stickfighter would be in school most of the day we took our time. We stopped at Tuff's campground at noon to fish rock creek for a little break.

Mike kept getting tangled in brush and was having one of those out take moments. I on the other hand was not. I caught and released 5 rainbow and 1 brown trout and kept an additional 4 rainbow within an hour. Mike ended up with 4 rainbow trout before we decided to stop terrorizing the fish and continue up the road. Fun little stop over.

matt duarte
05-23-2009, 09:21 AM
nice! i wanted to hit up tuffs creek to but didnt get a chance... nice job on the fishies

billy b
05-23-2009, 10:39 AM
You may have come up through my neck of the woods. Hope the trip went smooth. Where else did you go ... and what did you do?

diamondbear
05-23-2009, 12:51 PM
GF , Rock creek is a neat place to fish as theres so much space to spread out . My twin sister lives in reno and I used to stop in Brideport and fish on the way up . love that country . // db

greg
05-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Been years since I've been up to Rock Creek. May have to try this area later this year...

Granny Fish
05-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Where else did you go ... and what did you do?

First we were planning to stop at PVR but by the time we got near there it was already 89 degrees. I don't do well in the heat and needed to get to higher elevation. We were going to overnight it at Tuff's and leave in the morning, but decided to continue up the hiway. After playing in the creek we went over to Tom's for a beer and I cleaned the fish. Then we continued on to Reno. We will be here in Reno till Tuesday.

Sierra_Smitty
05-25-2009, 06:00 PM
First we were planning to stop at PVR but by the time we got near there it was already 89 degrees. I don't do well in the heat and needed to get to higher elevation. We were going to overnight it at Tuff's and leave in the morning, but decided to continue up the hiway. After playing in the creek we went over to Tom's for a beer and I cleaned the fish. Then we continued on to Reno. We will be here in Reno till Tuesday.

Nice job Grannyfish - never actually fished up there so it's cool to see a report from a new place. If you guys have time to stop by my neck of the woods, we're off on Tuesday and we're taking the afternoon off on Wednesday......

Granny Fish
05-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Nice job Grannyfish - never actually fished up there so it's cool to see a report from a new place. If you guys have time to stop by my neck of the woods, we're off on Tuesday and we're taking the afternoon off on Wednesday......

Don't be surprised if you see us Tuesday after noon. :Wink:

Troutman65
05-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Way :Cool: Mike & Tammy. Congrats on the trout. Thanks for the post.:Envious: