PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from Redondo Marine!

kanco
06-20-2007, 08:13 AM
If you own a Honda O/B motor and are thinking of getting it service at the only 2 Honda dealers in the bay, then stay away from Redondo Marine.

They have now had my boat for 6 weeks and they still can't fix my impeller problem.

My boat was squirting out very little water from the Pee hole so I decided to look up the local Honda dealers in the area. Two showed up, Redondo Marine and Regency boats in Marina Del Rey. I decided to take my boat to the one nearest my boat storage yard (big mistake)

First week I was notified that Honda has some updates for my motor and they would be replacing some hoses and fitting (free of charge paid for my Honda motors) but that the parts would have to be ordered and it would take an additional week.

Three weeks later I pick up my boat after paying close to $500, but hey at least my boat motor will be up to date and running great RIGHT? .....WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't bother taking my boat to the storage yard, instead I head straight for the water and try to give it a test run.

First off, after launching the boat, I am sitting next to the ramp and try to start my engine, just to find out that they must have left something on on the boat and both my batteries were drained. Tried to call Vessel Assist and found out the jump starts are not covered if you are still sitting at the docks, but they would gladly give me a jump for $75...F#@$%!

I get a jump from a guy launching his boat and I get on my way. Boat ran fin for about a mile, then the low water pressure problem is back. It was never fixed and now an alarm is going off whenever I am in idle or cruising at low speed.

Get back to the docks later on and called Redondo Marine and spoke to them about the problems and also that I was taking the boat back.

I got a call last Friday from the shop, telling me that my boat is "READY" to be picked up and that all repairs have been completed. So, I drive over there yesterday afternoon and pay an additional $275 for work that was done on the boat, which supposedly were not done during the previous visit.... anyhow, paid and headed straight for the ramp for a day of fishing along the wall and for a test run.

Once again the batteries were low, but it was able to crank over and start. I walk back to the engine to check to pee hole spray and find "NOTHING" squirting out from the hole. All the water is gushing out from the plastic covers and to top it all off, the engine alarm start to go off.

These guys, not only had they NOT fixed the problem, but I believe they have made it worse. Now I have more problems than what I did before I took it in for service and updates. Not only that, they must have place my boat engine cover on the ground, because it is now has scrape marks on the rear section, and one of the plastics that sits on top of the engine, has a a few dents scrapes too. They had also left a **** load of grease finger prints all over my boat and they did not bother to clean them up after they were done ******* up my engine.

So I took the boat back for the last time and hope that they correct all these problems by this Friday. If they don't, I will start looking into getting some legal help!

So if you own a HONDA MOTOR, stay the hell away REDONDO MARINE in the city of Redondo Beach!

I'll be taking my boat to Regency Boats in Marina Del Rey from now on and hope they are a more professional marine service center.

San Felipe Bob
06-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I have no experiance with Redondo.
I have had excellent service and help from the guys at Regency.
You might contact them about your Honda motor issues?
They are very Tech savy.
Savy?

SFB

Lightline
06-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Sound like you have a good legal claim if what your saying is factual...

landlocked
06-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Get it documented what they did and any tests they ran and their observations to confirm the work they did was sucessfull. Then, document what your experiences were. Then take it to another company. Document your time. Save reciepts of everything! Gas, time, hours lost using your boat (Be realistic). Then go to an atourney. Not a law dog, but thats what I would do.

kanco
06-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Sound like you have a good legal claim if what your saying is factual...

I am not making things up. The guy Rust seems like a nice guy and helpful when I talk to him...but just things haven been taken care off my the service department.

buttface
06-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Damn sux about your problems. Just because you find someone that is certified to fix any specific product does not make them experts. If anything they might have just had to pay more to get their certificate. I have serious boat problems as well. My problem is I don't have one...

I hope everything on your boat gets fixed...good luck.