PDA

View Full Version : Seahorse 5/17/09

fishtracker
05-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Sorry for the late post. Pictures coming. Anyways, fished the Sea Horse out of Dana harbor at Clemente Island. The target spieces was YT. Captain put us over them all day. 5 Fish caught all in the 35+ pound range.

Long story left the harbor and cruised over. Prepared the gear for the morning fun and chowed on Chilli. 5 people in our party, 28 on the boat. The boat had some live squid and then they made more on the trip over. Morning we fish the kelp for 3 fish. All caught fly lining squid with a 3/4 oz slip sinker and a ringed fly line hook. Fish stayed close to the bottom all day (40 fathoms I thought he said). According to Tyler, the schools were large. Most fish were caught withr fly lining or using white bucktail heads using live squid.

Captain (Tyler) and crews worked hard all day cashing the fish. I brought 3 first timers and the crew handled them like pro's.

Here is a story about the crew and Tyler's desire to catch fish. We were leaving heading away from the island, the crew was cleaning fish, bags laying everywhere, when Tyler stops the boat and tells everyone to drop we are over a massive school of fish. Most of us had clean-up up our gear for the long ride home. Anyways the command came down yo-yo 4/0, the fish are down deep. He spins the boat around and we grab 2 fish more. By the time I got back to the rail everything was cleaned up and the crew was chumming. Fish on top... man.... this was exciting. Birds dropping. fishing at it's best. The crew squared the boat away...Seamless! He spent at least an hour chasing these fish around. Making us get home late and the next trip standing at the dock waiting. He could have very easily went right on by without anyone knowing but he chased fish.

Food was very good. Tryo the chilli on the way out. The crew had chips fresh salsa and homemade guac, all washed down the cold ones. They treated the first timers so good they are excited for their next trip and he is outfitting for it..ouch that's gona hurt. I had a great time and would highly recommend this boat to anyone interested in an island trip. These guys are blood thirsty when it comes to fish over the rail.

Ricky-Ray
05-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you guys had a great time. I've done several trips on the Sea Horse and I can attest to the captain and crew's commitment to getting the people on fish and taking care of their passengers. They are definitely a top notch crew.

daveg456
05-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Nice report. It's good to hear about boats that fish hard, even if it means getting back late. Those are the boats you remember and want to come back to fish with them again. I'll have to give the Seahorse a try.

supasportkid
05-21-2009, 01:46 PM
great report. that boat does have an awesome crew!

fishpimp4life
05-21-2009, 02:39 PM
I have fished that boat quite a few times. Tyler always works hard to get you on the fish. The food is always great and the crew really knows how to handle the deck when the boat is bendo. I recall an albie trip with him one year. Free jumpers everywhere. We slid in and at least 15 out of 22 guys were hooked up. The crew and the captain managed to get 11 out of 15 of those fish on the deck.:Big Grin:

jplee3
05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
WTG! Man that's an awesome report. And just goes to prove how hard this crew works to make your fishing experience worth it. They really are a great crew. Anyway, congrats on the great trip.

fishtracker
05-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Here are the pictures. from the trip

BigBass777
05-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Cool report. Looks like the saltwater bite is bound to go open soon.

FISHINGBEE
05-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Cool report. Looks like the saltwater bite is bound to go open soon. Always great news from the Seahorse nice tails.

FISHINGBEE