PDA

View Full Version : The duct afte work 5-20 Ahhhh REVENGE !

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Hit the duct with Khanh wed evening after work,
Looking for some toad revenge from the Striper beatdown I took at Havasu !

Revenge was being served ! and I wasn’t going to be late this meal, served cold…it was:

DEE-Licious !

Water was dead at 1st but started moving very lightly after about an hour.

It got pretty windy but we fished on !

Fishing was pretty slow but as I worked the bottom zones, using the usual protocal, index finger riding in front of the level wind as I slow rolled the lure in the strike zone…………

Bam !!!

Tag !!

Slam !

Shazam !

Sploosh !

Holy Stripes Batman !

Hookup !!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz ! (or Shrhhsh Shrhhsh shzroom shzroom shzroom with the baitcaster !)

KPN skinny shad Toad death on my stick !

(left my camera at work-had ta take the photo out in the warehouse this morning)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/KpNDuCt5-20-09.jpg

Nice worthy fighter too, he kept pulling downstream hard, using the dosile current patterns to aid in his epic battle, pitting flesh against steel !

He kept peeling drag and kept running up about 3’ from shore…it got pretty crazy for a while cause he did this runnin’ with about 25 yards of line drug out.

Woo-hoo….this is what it’s all about ! Saweet !

I was the victor in this game for blood.

Feels good to redeem myself from the striper beat down at Havasu, ahhhh.yes…stripa dinna will be served tonight…..and this one won’t be cold !

Anglerism
05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Nice catch!!

CAPT'N
05-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Nice jailbird Gary!

Capt'n

breeze71
05-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Black out the background....don't give away the spot...but You can pm me which part of the warehouse you caught it...OK??

Nice revenge bro. My revenge won't be quite the same. I'll be hacking at the weeds in the backyard for the next few weeks.

Fishthewhaler
05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Thats one of your nicer ones as of late. I will sent you PM!

Anglerism
05-21-2009, 12:35 PM
hey... Gary, how do you avoid the algae plant from sticking to the lure as soon as you pick it up in front of you? When I was there, every retrieve i would have to pull out salad from the lure. You know how you slow roll at the strike zone at the bottom, well by the time it gets to the slanted part of the concrete, that where I get the salad.

One would advice, "move to another spot where theres no salad"... lol

any advice?

DccFISHerMan
05-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Nice work out there bro

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-21-2009, 02:09 PM
hey... Gary, how do you avoid the algae plant from sticking to the lure as soon as you pick it up in front of you? When I was there, every retrieve i would have to pull out salad from the lure. You know how you slow roll at the strike zone at the bottom, well by the time it gets to the slanted part of the concrete, that where I get the salad.

One would advice, "move to another spot where theres no salad"... lol

any advice?
I pretty much get the algae every cast, I grab the lure and remove everytime, (it's sort of part of this attack) if you'r fishing it at the right retrieval speed, your lure will remain "saladless" for the main part of the retrieve arc, as you note, it's when you hit the transition is where you'll pick it up.
The removal of this algae can become second nature after a while and with a quick sweep of the rod with slack, the lure swings back to you, grab the spine of the lure with the left hand while holding the rod under your left arm....right hand peels the algae off quickly and it's off to another cast zone !

You may want to speed up the retrive at times when your lure reaches that zone which I occasionally do but keep in mind, many times as of late, the stripers are lurking/hunting right at that transitional zone, whether deeper out or slightly up on the transition, this is a hardcore strike zone, also try a slightly more speedy retrieve only in that zone and exaggerate the pole angle, in other words, hold your rod up much higher as your lure passes this zone.

A more exaggerated angle of the cast upsteam or downstream will allow the lure to pass and stay in the deeper strike zone for a longer period of time before it hits the uprise transition.

I'll remind everyone that as these hot weather patterns increase, the fish theoretically should get more agressive chasing their forage and therefore (in theory) should be found higher up on this transition, retrieval methods will need to be adjusted at this point....but thats a whole different story.

Good luck,
Gary

crappiemike
05-21-2009, 05:12 PM
ther go's a nice striper.. congrats on your fish..

cm

trail blazer
05-21-2009, 05:28 PM
WTG gary<AGAIN>
Keep it up bro and that GODZILLA size striper is soon to happen

RamboBoy
05-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Dayum, Saweeeet!

TroutOnly
05-21-2009, 08:11 PM
NICE PIG GARY,,I LOVE THE WAY YOU SLAY THE STRIPEYS,,,t/o

BIGRED KILLA
05-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Very nice fish looks like it will be better on a plate. How big was it it looks like a DD keep it up.

Bigred

sansou
05-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Nice fish.

You must have set your hook so hard that the rattletrap was still in the fishes mouth the next day at work!?!?!

DEADROOTS
05-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Good work once again my friend!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-21-2009, 11:19 PM
say good catch bro. you should write novels lor something..lol

HelloBendo420
05-22-2009, 12:59 AM
niiiice. how much did that pig weigh?

FINSMACKDOWN
05-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Great stuff as usual Gary!!!

yolo
05-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Nice catch. Do you ever weigh your fish or measure them?

jl44
05-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Great Fish! and great info again. Thanks Gary!

spooky007
05-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Good looking fish Gary!!

old pudd fisher
05-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Nice one! You ought to set up a smoker in the warehouse and make that bad boy delicious for your co workers at lunch time.