PDA

View Full Version : Please read. Good Cause and questions

jctuckmar
05-21-2009, 08:52 AM
I good friend of mine is planning a Charter Boat for 50-60 underprivledged kids. He is thinking about going out of Oceanside on the 27th of June
He is doing this just as an act of good will. He called me this morning looking for donations to assist in this cause. He cant afford it on his own. He will also be looking for some chaparrones or mentores.
If any of you are interested, please let me know, and i will put you in touch with him. I think that this is a good opportunity to introduce children to a sport that we all very much enjoy.

I also have this to ask...
The lady at the landing said that "EVERYONE" must have a valid fishing license. Even the children. I thought that only those 16 and older need a license. She said that the law just changed. Is that correct? Do the kids under 16 years of age need a license too. as $14 a pop that adds a few bucks to the total bill.
Also, rental rods and reels. again 14 dollars each. Adds yet a few more bucks to the the total bill.
If any of you guys are willing to donate the use of your old, used, rental grade equipment, that too would be greatly appreciated. I think that I have agout 5 or so rigs that I will donate.
Please let me know your thoughts guys and girls. Not only on the fishing license thing, but also on any donations.
Thank You

Joe
I can be reached at JCTUCKMAR@YAHOO.COM

peanut88
05-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Hope this helps.

According to DFG, 16 & over.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/fishdescrip.html

EastCoaster
05-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Joe,
I think this is awsome what your friend is doing. I would love to help but like many others in CA I was laid off, but I am willing to maybe attempt to shaporone or mentor whatever you want to call it. I love fishing, and although I might not be the best, I still know what to do, and if it works out maybe even my bro in law would like to do it, and we can ALL our rods we have to cut some costs... Hope that helps. PM me and Ill be in contact with you

Ricky-Ray
05-21-2009, 11:39 AM
I copied this right off of page 3 of the 2009 CA DFG Ocean regulations. http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/pdfs/oceanfish2009.pdf

License Provisions
Anyone 16 years and older must have a fishing license to take any kind of fish, mollusk, invertebrate,amphibian or crustacean in California, except for persons fishing from a public pier in ocean or bay waters. A license is required to take reptiles, except for rattlesnakes.

murrieta angler
05-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Howdy,
First of all JC you might want to post this on the GENERAL MESSAGE BOARD. Second, I will help out with both help on the boat and a lil financial aid. Just let me know. Robert