PDA

View Full Version : Non-fishing question about Chart House in Malibu

gavin310
05-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm taking a date to Chart House in Malibu tomorrow and I'm wondering if there's easy beach access so I can valet at Chart House and walk down to the beach after dinner to make out. (j/k) Anyone know?

Ricky-Ray
05-20-2009, 03:21 PM
If I remember correctly when you pull into the parking lot for Chart House right pass the valet station there is either a little walkway or stairway that will lead you to the beach below. If not you might have to do a little rock hopping to get down to the beach area.

The other option might be iis to walk around to the other side of the restaurant and I think there's accessway's there. I'm not sure about that one but I've seen people head off in that direction when they are leaving. At least I'm assuming they are leaving since they packed up their blanket and stuff unless they are moving to a more private spot....:EyePop:

BTW...order the clam chowder. It's really good.

gavin310
05-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks Ricky :Cool:

sansou
05-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Take your date to the beach first.

THEN, go eat at the Charthouse....DUTCH!

Times is tough, and the Charthouse ain't cheap! LOL

Good luck on your date! :LOL:

troutdog
05-20-2009, 05:14 PM
I would just fish the beach and cook up your catch instead, prime spots in that area :Wink:

Have fun Gavin...and don't forget to bring a raincoat. :LOL:

TD

4g63power
05-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Smash it twice bro

Ricky-Ray
05-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Bring a surf rod. If all else fail's you can go fish. LOL

Fisherman57
05-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Order the squid salad..... then save what ya can for bait.
Head to the beach afterwards..... then after the "lovin"...... do some SNGF fishing!

BTW.... be sure you make reservations so you're done eating around high tide........

POST A REPORT WITH PICS!

BIGRED KILLA
05-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Smash it twice bro

LMFAO.

Bigred

Ricky-Ray
05-21-2009, 12:09 AM
http://www.chart-house.com/pdf/ddd_ChartHouse.pdf

BassinChef
05-21-2009, 02:36 AM
Eat outside...on the patio , hop down the rocks and keep walking til it gets darker and darker nice spots out there.As far as the food , get the prime rib and coconut shrimp You won`t be dissappointed.

BassinChef

gavin310
05-21-2009, 11:43 AM
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Hahaha you guys are awesome. ok so we ended up going out LAST NIGHT, but we ended up going to Moonshadows instead which is a bit up the road. They had outdoor seating.

So this is going to be a date report. My date reports lately haven't been too good. I don't think they've stocked in a while. Haha.

The date went really really well. Keep in mind this was for her belated birthday, and it was only our second date. We had our dinner, which was good, not great. I made her fall over laughing by immitating a chipmunk eating the garnish on my plate and being caught by the waitress. Afterwards I wanted to take a walk down to the beach, but this place wasn't going to work without spelunking gear. We took off and I found a spot along PCH with no rocks just south of Topanga Canyon Road. I grabbed a beach towel out of the trunk, she took off her high heels, and we walked down. The first part was a bit rough and there were glass pieces, so I took the blanket down to the sand, came back up, scooped her up in my arms and carried her down. We got settled and I went back up to the car. I took out my small icechest that had a bottle of champagne on ice and some tiramisu cake with a candle. I walked back down, lit the candle and sang happy birthday to her as best I could. She blew out the canlde and we had cake and champagne on the beach. I was a gentleman and this was our second date, so I didn't put the moves on her, nor did I throw out my surf rod to fish for SNGF which surely would have made me far too irresitable for her to handle.

After taking her back to her place she asked me to txt her when I got home. I txted her later and her response was, "Thank u so much for the wonderful evening. I had such a nice time. Hope u sleep well. Good night."

:Cool:

Oooh man I'm so happy right now. I got a lot of competition with this girl but I think I'm doing things right.

lurk 182
05-21-2009, 02:27 PM
oh you're in there. you're like the y2k Sir Lancelot carrying your lady over the broken glass against a backdrop of tagged rocks and graffitti written in surf wax, what could be more romantic? and you played it cool, done deal, just don't text back too quickly, keep the drag loose.

4g63power
05-21-2009, 04:22 PM
damn romeo..i was expecting to hear some peter north date stories..

deanhall32
05-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Surprised the women of FNN haven't given you a review yet!!! I took some notes and might try some of your tactics but at my age I'm not sure I can carry her down to the beach!!

sansou
05-21-2009, 07:02 PM

:rofl::rofl:

AnglerBob
05-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Great story! Seeing as dinner for two at Moonshadows can set you back the price of an overnight tuna trip, you must really like her!

gavin310
05-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Great story! Seeing as dinner for two at Moonshadows can set you back the price of an overnight tuna trip, you must really like her!

Dude please don't remind me how much money I could save if I didn't date :ROFL: i could probably do an overnighter every other week. but i guess if the date goes well you'll be having an overnight tuna trip :Cool: :ROFL: :Twisted:

gavin310
05-22-2009, 10:27 AM

hah yeah... i chummed the surf for you guys!! ok that was uncalled for